Author Topic: Rally O  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
Rally O
« on: August 26, 2009, 10:37:23 PM »
Hi

We're going to Rally O on Saturday and if we like it we'll carry on, I don't really know whats involved as have never seen it just a description of it.   Thought we'd try it as can't find an agility club at the weekends.
Does anyone do this?

Jeanette

Offline Mollycuddles

• Donator
  • cockers have a lotta fun
Re: Rally O
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 10:23:45 AM »
Funnily enough a friend mentioned about this the other day.
Unfortunately we don't have any clubs that do it around here at the moment as it's fairly new,so she's interested in starting one up, would be interested how you get on and what your thoughts are on it :D

I found this site not sure if it's any help to you
http://www.dogsown.co.uk/Rally%20obedience
Lyn, Molly, Georgie, Dagen, Tessa & Alfie X

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 10:43:58 AM »
Our ex-trainer (she has moved  >:(  :005: ) has just done a course on this, she said it is great fun and is going to take off really well in this country.  I am going to give it a look as Jade hates agility.  ph34r

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline LinzHenz

• Puffy Fluppy Dog
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 09:14:33 PM »
its a bit like le trec for doggies :-)
cant get H to walk to heel like that unless carrying a lb of mince in my hand!  :005:
Linz & Henry Dog

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 09:27:58 PM »
its a bit like le trec for doggies :-)
cant get H to walk to heel like that unless carrying a lb of mince in my hand!  :005:

Blooming hell, didn't think about the walking to heel.   I can see this going really well for us on Saturday  :lol:

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 10:14:36 PM »
That looks like fun and a bit better for my body shape than agility  :005: :005: :005: (I am built for comfort, not speed or running, or walking too fast!!!!)
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 10:19:38 PM »
Well I'm hoping its good, Indie was good at obedience but it got a bit boring after a while with the basics and haven't done any formal training classes for over a year so about time I did something with her as she really is very bright for a show cocker  :shades: :luv:

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 12:49:23 PM »
Well we went and really enjoyed it, we were the beginners there but Indie was pretty good seeing as she was relying on me to show her what to do - am definitely going back and going to practice at home, a lot more fun than normal obedience classes  :003:

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 01:49:54 PM »

Have you thought of doing heelwork to music.  My two love going and you are learning tricks etc, something different every week.

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 03:04:36 PM »

Have you thought of doing heelwork to music.  My two love going and you are learning tricks etc, something different every week.

There isn't any classes near me as would have looked at that as well.   

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 03:46:19 PM »

Sounds really interesting... Honey is beginning to get a bit tired of her obedience lessons, as she doesn't like having to repeat things and acheive consistency.... she know's the targets, retreive etc, but she's bored of it...
I'm keeping going, as I think something very much slower paced and mentally stimulating is needed (I had hoped to start some basic gundog training, but the trainer failed to get back in touch with me, and I object to chasing people I want to give money to!) but if I see Rally-O anywhere locally I'll certainly look into it.... I saw a little bit on TV yesterday (was on It's me or the Dog) and it looked similar to a lot of the stuff we do for fun at dog club (we often do little tag-games where we have to go to certain points and do different tricks...).
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020