Author Topic: weeeeeeeeeeeeaves!!  (Read 768 times)

Offline LinzHenz

• Puffy Fluppy Dog
weeeeeeeeeeeeaves!!
« on: February 15, 2010, 07:56:23 PM »
am so proud of little henry, having struggled to get weaves and either stuck on close togther channels or luring through standards, we had a break through at the weekend thanks to some new advice. and now...albeit slowly and not every time....my boy gets what the weaves are!! he is mostly paddling throught them but did a couple of bounces like a collie lol, at which point i got a bit over excited and he ran out! so even though my broken hand has stopped the horse fun for a bit, the dog fun continues  :luv: hopefully when we get to the spring shows he will be weaving like a good un!
Linz & Henry Dog

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: weeeeeeeeeeeeaves!!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 08:02:20 PM »
Well done  :clapping: :clapping:

I know just how good it feels when you have a breakthrough like that and see the light bulb come on in their little heads (that's what it was like with William anyway) :lol2:

Offline LinzHenz

• Puffy Fluppy Dog
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 08:19:28 PM »
def was a light bulb moment. think it helped have been training with some more experienced dogs and henry was wanting to join in with the big boys :-)
once we get 100% confident on seesaw we are all set. but the weaves isnt about them being brave like the seesaw its a conceptual thing that not just anyone can do so think thats why ive been telling everyone i meet about it. whether they know whatweaves are or not lol!!
Linz & Henry Dog

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 08:33:17 PM »

Great work!!

It's lovely when something clicks!! Honey's got weaves pretty sorted when she's on my left, but it all falls apart when she's on my right... more work needed for us methinks!!

Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020