Author Topic: Discharge - spayed bitch  (Read 1076 times)

Offline rubyduby

Discharge - spayed bitch
« on: November 20, 2021, 04:01:08 PM »
My older Cocker girl spends a lot of time licking her Vulva, at first I thought it might have been a gland issue but she has had the done twice , she is still doing it and I have noticed a brownish stain on the white towel she was sat on, I cant decide if it is just something in the hair in that area (she is very hairy) although she has been bathed and trimmed , but that shouldnt cause the constant licking, as anyone any suggestions what it could be , I have read about a few possibilities most for bitches that arent spayed . She was done as a pup and is nearly 12 now, ....???

Offline phoenix

• Donator
Re: Discharge - spayed bitch
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 12:38:49 PM »
If she was human, you’d get it checked out. Yeast infection/thrush would be white unless she’s licked it raw.    Otherwise it could be an infection. She must be licking because it’s smelly or irritated.
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: Discharge - spayed bitch
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 07:56:25 PM »
Sounds like some sort of infection - must be irritating her for her to be licking so much. UTI perhaps?

Definitely get it checked out at the vet. Take a urine sample too if you can  ;)
Julie and Watson