Author Topic: Adding photo from photobucket  (Read 1870 times)

Offline aljeana

• Mollie Magpie
Adding photo from photobucket
« on: December 26, 2012, 06:37:52 PM »
Hi

I have used photobucket before to load pictures from there to COL but they have changed the format on Photobucket and for the life of me cannot see how to do it now.

Help would be appreciated I used to be able to copy and paste the link but cannot find how now
Aljeana & the Baddley Pack

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Adding photo from photobucket
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 11:59:11 PM »
I take it you are using the new PB. I did a couple the other day and what you have to do is first upload your picture/s, & save, when you can see it/them tick the little square box and then choose the last option under the photo (img thumb) and highlight it using left click of your mouse & holding it down till you highlight all the writing, then right click and choose copy.

To copy it into COL,

Open forum & PB.  in seperate tabs and in COL and go to photo threads,  start new topic, and then in the large space, right click and choose 'paste' and hey presto the writing will appear. Click preview and see if your picture appears, if it is in preview it should show in post. The idea of opening COl & PB at same time is so you can swap from one to another easily if you have more than one photo to post. Leave a couple of lines between each link & you will be able to write a title to each photo if you so wish BEFORE posting.

Hope this makes more sense than it looks  :-\  anybody got an easier way? I'm sure it will be appreciated  :D
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline aljeana

• Mollie Magpie
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 05:53:09 PM »
Thank you will give a go it is the new PB that I am using
Aljeana & the Baddley Pack

Offline sweetaloo

• Aloo
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 12:36:37 AM »
hi there,

is there any other way to upload pics say using the 'Insert Image' icon ?

Thanks in advance..

Offline BeeBoo

• Buckley
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 12:44:54 AM »
Hi sweetaloo, you will have to use a ''third party'' image hosting site - there's www.photobucket.com www.tinypic.com & www.imageshack.us

To display photos on the forum, upload your images to your chosen hosting site and use this format:

Code: [Select]
[img]www.website.com/photo.jpg[/img]
HTH.