Author Topic: bailey not well advice please  (Read 2948 times)

Offline minimoo

• Donator
bailey not well advice please
« on: January 13, 2020, 01:31:23 PM »
My boy bailey hasnt been well for a few weeks, he is nearly 10, was vomiting and had diawotsit on and off and was drinking an awful lot , we went to vets and he had numerous tests and vet thought pancreatitis , then on sun 2 weeks ago he suddenly went down hill within about 40 mins we rushed him to the vet and he was kept in overnight they did bloods ,scans had him on a drip. he came out and was alot better but not himself, the vet emptied his glands and felt his prostate which she discovered was swollen, more bloods and tablets and metacam , hes due back today , his breathing is very heavy, not panting but you can see his ribs going up and down alot and he makes little wheezing sounds and for a dog who always inhales his food , he takes ages to eat it now. hes just not right , anyone have any ideas or experience of this sort of thing , i need to find out whats going on
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: bailey not well advice please
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 03:42:45 PM »
Can‘t help with any advice I‘m afraid but sending lots of  :bigarmhug: and healing thoughts. Hope the vet can find the cause and the remedy and that Bailey‘s back to normal soon!
 :luv:

Offline rubyduby

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 12:55:23 PM »
Has your dog had kidney tests, and thyroid tests

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 10:20:06 PM »
What exactly did they tell you about the scans and blood test results?  The general broad test usually covers kidney, liver, thyroid, and others.  Other tests are specific ,like for pancreatitis, folate levels.  You have a right to have a detailed conversation, you are paying for it.
Have you take a morning urine sample in?  They need that for urea levels. Bobby was misdiagnosed for a few months unfortunately, before a kidney problem was found. I’d originally taken him in for smelly breath, which they just assumed was a dental problem and booked him In. . Luckily I’d agreed to a blood test before the teeth op, when they realised it his teeth were fine and his bloods were weird. Kidney probs show early with bad breath and coughing up bile.
I hope they find something. He can do without a prostate gland, so they should follow the clues from there.  Poor Bailey,give him some extra cuddles from me.
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline niqnet

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 02:16:43 PM »
Can't help but sending lots of healing thoughts x
Nicole xxxx :-)