Author Topic: Reply Notifications  (Read 1001 times)

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Reply Notifications
« on: February 20, 2006, 10:44:19 PM »
I seem to be getting emails to notify me of replys or posts, but I haven't asked for any, and when i check my notification settings it doesn't say i should be getting any?

Can someone tell me how to stop these please.
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Re: Reply Notifications
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 02:06:44 PM »
You mean that in your profile you haven't got the box ticked where it says 'turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic' ?  Make sure it's not ticked and then save your settings and see what happens.

Also, when you reply to a thread, before posting it check that the box 'notify me of replies' is not ticked (under additional items).

If you've already checked this then I'm stumped :-\
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 06:55:54 PM »
HI,

I have one of the boxes ticked, the one which says :

Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email

I assumed this was to notify me of announcements about the forum. I will unclick it, and see what happens.

Thanks Mary.
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 07:03:50 PM »
Cathy - since we migrated to the new forum have you logged off then logged back in again?

Are you getting emails for all messages or just those threads where you haev posted? If the latter as Mary says when posting your reply select the "Additional Options" links and ensure the "Notify me of replies" box is unchecked.
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 07:11:29 PM »
OK, I hadn't seen that box . - I jeust checked it is unchecked. i will check it on the topics I have been getting notifications on.

Thanks
CATHY