Author Topic: AOL Users (again)  (Read 5372 times)

Offline stueymac

• Tech Support
  • Administrator
    • CockersOnline
AOL Users (again)
« on: January 25, 2007, 09:55:54 AM »
Hi all

Just a quick note to those who use AOL as their ISP, I heard comfirmation today that AOL do indeed block our IP addresses as a result new members may not get their account activation email and also AOL users may or may not get topic replies/PM reminders etc etc. Unfortunately there's no way round this at the moment.
I've posted below a comment from one of the tech boys upstream.

"Unfortunatly there isn't much hope of getting through the AOL, if they have received enough complaints about emails seemingly coming from our server IP they will block the IP which causes the problem you are experiencing.

This is part of the reason we banned AOL email addresses as forwarder addresses, when a user received SPAM that has been forwarded and reports it to AOL they don't examine all the headers they just look at the last set which is our server and not the originating source of the SPAM and block our server."

If you have tried to register on COL and use AOL please email info@cockersonline.co.uk and we will attempt to activate your account manually.

Stu

Offline Smurf

• Site Member
Re: AOL Users (again)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 10:56:04 AM »
That explains why my membership was manually activated then! AOL are a pain & we intend to go over to Blueyonder when we get broadband but until then we are stuck  >:D

Offline paulb

• Site Member
    • http://barney.moonfruit.com
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 12:48:23 PM »
i am sorry to be thick,
i am with aol and dont have any problems,

Barneys Website

With Best Wishes, Paulb, Evonne ,Ollie, Alice and of course the great Barney

Offline Harriet

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 06:33:52 PM »
I had this same problem when I was with AOL (now with BT) Have you tryed using Firefox just use that like Internet Explorer although unlike IE it has no ad-ware and then AOL for everything else.

Here is the link http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 09:21:45 AM »
i am sorry to be thick,
i am with aol and dont have any problems,

Me too  :D