Author Topic: Olympus E410 Camera  (Read 3623 times)

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
Olympus E410 Camera
« on: January 02, 2008, 10:42:16 PM »
Hubby got a camera today.  It was an absolute bargain so he bought it.  It is an Olympus E410 digital SLR ........ HELP!!

It looks so complicated, I think it will take me a lifetime to learn to use it. I have only got to grips with my Fuji Finepix.  I must admit I have always wanted a decent camera and know that I will have a lot of fun.  Does anyone have this camera and apart from reading and reading the instructions what's the best way to begin learning about a camera like this?

When I take my first lovely doggy action pic, I promise you will all be the first to see :D, I also have a Meade telescope so I might be taking some lovely night sky pictures ..... OK so maybe I am getting carried away now :005:
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline Danni n Betty

• Site Member
Re: Olympus E410 Camera
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 10:55:06 PM »
No help here sorry......I was gonna ask myself for help with the fuji finepix s9600  ph34r
Got it for Xmas, and Im too scared to try it!
Looked at the instruction book.....more like novel  :o
Good Luck  :D

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 10:58:19 PM »
I've never used a recent model Olympus camera but I have an ancient OM-10 and it's a great piece of kit. Do you have a camera shop near you? If you take it in there there should be someone who could give you a crash course in how to use it, they're usually pretty good like that.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 11:05:56 PM »
I've never used a recent model Olympus camera but I have an ancient OM-10 and it's a great piece of kit. Do you have a camera shop near you? If you take it in there there should be someone who could give you a crash course in how to use it, they're usually pretty good like that.

Thanks, yes I do come to think of it, I have a fab camera shop in the local hight street and have spent quite a bit with him on my telescope in the past, didn't think of that.
No help here sorry......I was gonna ask myself for help with the fuji finepix s9600  ph34r
Got it for Xmas, and Im too scared to try it!
Looked at the instruction book.....more like novel  :o
Good Luck  :D
I have a Fuji Finepix S5600 and I love it, easy to use and everyone comments on the colours in my pics, it's a real hardy camera and was thrown all over the place on New Years Eve  :lol:

I am sure Helen (Livercake) knows about the Fuji Finepix.
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx