Author Topic: agility shows this weekend  (Read 1704 times)

Offline jackie 14

• Site Member
agility shows this weekend
« on: March 18, 2008, 11:59:49 AM »
i'm off to cheltenham for our first beginners class on sunday anyone else going. what other shows are COL members going to this weekend?

Offline Rosie

• Site Member
Re: agility shows this weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 01:06:24 PM »
We are off to Dashin Dogs up in Tattenhall Chester for the whole easter weekend.  Nearly got caravan packed with hundred of blankets anc coats as going to be a cold one.

I know AnnaB will be there but not sure if anyone other COLer is going?

Rosie & 4 naughty cockers plus one!

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 02:54:47 PM »
we have nothing up here until May, then a mad flood of shows, cant wait for the season to start properly up here  :D

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy

Offline silke

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 06:11:22 PM »
Good luck to everyone competing! :D Since starting agility with Charlie (who loves it  :angel: ), I'm totally hooked. :005: I can't wait until we can go to a show. :D

Offline Spangle

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 07:07:34 AM »
I'm off to NAWS this weekend.  :D 

Good luck to everyone competing this weekend!  Hope the weather is kind to you! 
Rachel, Sophie, Billy, Ted, Bonnie & Sammy xxxx

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 09:24:21 PM »
Good Luck to all Competing at the weekend!!

I really miss doing the agility, a few years ago I was at a show almost every weekend through the summer! I know I'll regret saying this...but... I can't wait for the pups to grow up!!  :005:

Offline jackie 14

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 09:04:45 AM »
good luck to everyone competing this weekend and that the weather doesn't interfere too much with our enjoyment,wrap up warm, safe journey to you all. jackie

Offline Rosie

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 06:40:54 PM »
Sadly we are back after just over 24 hours at venue and the worst night of our lives.  At 2am we were trying to rescue the marqure which had taken off and wrapped itself around someone's caravan!!  Our awning is destroyed and our garden windbreaks a bit battered.

Heartbrreaking for the organsers who have had to cancel (the only sensible decision) and thank god no one was hurt and insurance exists for the property damage.

Hmm a caravan rocking in the wind is not fun!!! Now what I am going to do the rest of the weekend??

Rosie & 4 naughty cockers plus one!

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 07:10:49 PM »
Oh no, I was reading about the bad weather and dashin in the addicts forum, sounds awful  :o

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy

Offline jackie 14

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 07:18:53 AM »
got to cheltenham on sunday, the weather forcast wasn't good, so when i got up at 5.30am there wasn't any snow, decision was taken to go. so left home at 6.30 got the other side of oxford A40 the snow started, it was settlling but kept going, as we dropped down into cheltenham everywhere became green again, the weather was kinder than it had been on saturday cold but mostly dry. Ellie was entered in all 3 midi steeplechase classes,but i got stage fright in the first and got her Eliminated, then went on to get 2 clear rounds and finished with 2 3rd places , a good start to the season. the video will be posted later when my daugther gets round to.   Jackie

Offline AnnaB

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 09:51:17 PM »
Well done Jackie.  It's a shame I didn't see you as we ended up going to UKA at Cheltenham on the Saturday and today as Dashin Dogs was cancelled but Sunday was full  :-\  My little spaniel was a superstar today though winning both her classes - the agility by 12 seconds!!  :D  I was hoping to get a nice photo of her from the guy taking action shots but over the two days we were there he only managed to get one of her and that was blurry cos she was going too fast - he told me to try to get her to slow down  :lol2:

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 10:28:10 PM »
Well done to all those super fast spaniels this weekend - oh & of course their handlers  :D
Maxine owned by Max & Harry