Author Topic: Doggy Fun Day in Ayrshire 1st Aug '10  (Read 1542 times)

Offline dkirkuk

Doggy Fun Day in Ayrshire 1st Aug '10
« on: July 19, 2010, 08:17:31 PM »
For anyone who is in south west Scotland on Sunday 1st August, and is looking for something to do to entertain the dog/s, kids and/or yourself there is a Doggy Fun Day in aid of the Greyhound Sanctuary being held just outside Dunlop in Ayrshire. From 12noon to 4pm.

I went along to this 2 years ago and took my then 5 month old puppy and had a right laugh watching the heelwork to music demo and then having a go myself, the agility and other activities. And winning a couple of prizes in the very doggy raffle was great. And of course it's all in a good cause.

Hope to see loads of cockers there........

Link below to the details
 http://vetphysioclinic.co.uk/index.php?main_page=page&id=24&zenid=b6fa13353ad6ba46d0b08ed92fc612a1

Offline Holly2009

• Inactive
Re: Doggy Fun Day in Ayrshire 1st Aug '10
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 08:34:45 PM »
Just had a look on multimap and it's only 45mins from us so if were not going to the caravan that weekend we might pop along with Holly and the boys  :blink:

Offline dkirkuk

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 08:52:21 PM »
Fab. I'm hoping to pop along with Daisy too. Don't think I've seen Holly since she was abut 12 weeks old - do you remember Daisy playing with her at Ayr Beach. Would be lovely to see her now she's a big grown up girl.

I'm hoping to persuade one or two of the owners of Daisy's pups to go along too. They'll only be about 12 weeks by then.

Offline Holly2009

• Inactive
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 09:45:29 PM »
Yeah I remember they had a great time, I'm sure Holly would love to see daisy again!
Ahh that would be lovely to see some of Daisys pups, I was very tempted   :blink:

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 10:43:11 PM »
Oooh - looks like fun.  Think I'm taking mum and dad to the airport that day, will need to check.

I remember that day at Ayr - well I remember Daisy doing a superwoman impression off the wall!
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline dkirkuk

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 09:07:27 PM »
Glad someone else saw it. It was , what, a 10 foot drop off that wall? I saw her leap off it like it was in slow motion - my heart was in my mouth.

Offline dkirkuk

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 09:04:28 PM »
Just flagging this up again as a reminder. Looks like weather forecast might be okay for Sunday afternoon

Offline Holly2009

• Inactive
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 09:22:52 AM »
Hi sorry we didn't make it we made a last minute trip to Thomas land @ drayton manor, hope you had a fab time  :blink:

Offline dkirkuk

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 09:57:16 AM »
Spent most of the afternoon there and had a great time. It was really well supported - my guess is that there were well over 100 dogs there including quite a few cockers.

Daisy and I had a go on the agility course (first ever attempt and it wasn't too bad), tried the heelwork to music lesson and were pretty good at that too but the best bit must have been the doggy dash race. In the first heat Daisy and I ran together like the wind and won the heat. But in the second heat, just as we were nearing the end of the arena and were to turn to run back, Daisy crossed in front of me. I was running so fast that I somersaulted over the top of her and landed in a comando style roll head over heels in the sand jumped back to my feet and finished the race ! I am just hoping that the newspaper photographer didn't catch it on camera. Luckily the prize was for a combination of speed and style so we got 2nd prize! I think I went home with half of the sand from the arena in my pockets though.

Then I won a bottle of wine in the raffle - what more can you ask for.

Offline Holly2009

• Inactive
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 10:23:59 AM »
Oh no, well done carrying on and finishing. Sounds like good day out  :blink: