Author Topic: Crd not working  (Read 3237 times)

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
Crd not working
« on: July 22, 2012, 06:53:22 PM »
I have just put my card in laptop no sign of loading tried it in camera and said this card not to be used took it out wiped it gently and is not working Luckily most of photos copied it but why I am most upset as my last on s of the children fishing with Lois and Penny I cant believe this has never  happened before
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline LinziS

• Erin
Re: Crd not working
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 06:56:20 PM »
Have you tried hooking the whole camera to your computer via USB cable and inporting pictures that way....I have had this problem before and this was the way I solved it.....wish you luck as I know how frustrating it is to lose good photos

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 07:12:50 PM »
Thankyou for your advice I have tried it and it says no pictures on card I have just had it repaired and it is the first time have taken the card out and tried to upload photos It is insured
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline Wenco18

• Donator
  • With Lottie and Lola in North Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 07:23:22 PM »
Thats a shame Joan  :-\ do you think the photos didn't save to the memory card?
Wendy, Lottie and Lola x

Lottie dob 26/04/09
Lola  dob  10/10/2011

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 07:32:18 PM »
Thankyou for your advice I have tried it and it says no pictures on card I have just had it repaired and it is the first time have taken the card out and tried to upload photos It is insured

Sorry that it did not work for you....maybe card did not format after repair...such a shame you have lost your pictures

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 07:52:41 PM »
Thankyou very much I will try a new card I got the camera from Jessops and they are helpful. As I needed it as I have been on aU3a Photography class they got it back quicker for me
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline JohnMcL7

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 12:25:35 AM »
Thankyou very much I will try a new card I got the camera from Jessops and they are helpful. As I needed it as I have been on aU3a Photography class they got it back quicker for me

I don't quite understand what you mean by this, have they managed to recover the photos for you from the memory card or have you just replaced it?  Depending on the state of the memory card it may be possible to recover the photos but you must make absolutely sure you do not write any more data to the card.

John

Offline Petepreston

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 09:30:33 AM »
What John said. There are some cheap software out there that can restore files/images from cards after deletion, but only when the card has not been formatted or reused.

Can you see the images from the camera?