Author Topic: Ears!  (Read 2963 times)

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
Ears!
« on: October 17, 2003, 01:33:47 PM »
Hi all.

Dont want to sound really stupid but I have a question about ears!  :-[  Bailey is 6 months old now, and Ive noticed that for the majority of the time, his ears lie quite 'high' on the side of his head.  Only occasionally, do they tend to be lower set (what i think is the typical cocker look!).  Do they lower in time, or is this an individual trait that some cockers have.

Thanks for a great site!

Elisa & Bailey   ???                    
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
Ears!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 01:48:21 PM »
Hi Elisa,
Could be that Bailey has his ears pricked up most of the time listening to things.   ???
His ears should be "Lobular, set low on a level with the eyes" - so the point where they join the head should be level with the eyes. :D                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Ears!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 05:05:26 PM »
I know a lot of puppies' ears take a while to drop. Jimmy's ears appeared high for ages, though I can't remember exactly when they "dropped", definitely later than six months though. His ears still look high a lot of the time, it's just the way he carries them...... he's particularly fond of raising them when I try to take a photo. ::) Must be the alert thing that Linda mentions.

I don't know if it's my imagination, but it always appears to me that blue roans generally seem to have a low set ear carriage whereas reds/golds are often quite high. ???                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Ears!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2003, 05:21:54 PM »
I think all Cockers hold their ears up high from time to time - I remember it took ages to get a photo of Ruby's head last year with her ears down & you should see Arran when he has a "girlfriend" arrive for his attention - his ears nearly go into orbit ;D                    
Jane

Anonymous

Ears!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2003, 03:02:07 AM »
:o ;D LOL at Aarons ears in orbit!!!  I was gonna post something else but well I thought better of it, and shall leave it to your imaginations ;D ;)

Emma and Indie                    

Offline Loraine

• Site Member
    • http://
Ears!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2003, 12:16:52 PM »
Hi all.

Dont want to sound really stupid but I have a question about ears!  :-[  Bailey is 6 months old now, and Ive noticed that for the majority of the time, his ears lie quite 'high' on the side of his head.  Only occasionally, do they tend to be lower set (what i think is the typical cocker look!).  Do they lower in time, or is this an individual trait that some cockers have.

Thanks for a great site!

Elisa & Bailey   ???

I'm glad you had the nerve to ask this question.  I've been wondering this for ages!  ;D

Now I have the answer!                    
Loraine and Candy xxxx