Author Topic: What's going on with my grumpy boy!  (Read 1891 times)

Offline DennyK

• Site Member
    • http://
Re: What's going on with my grumpy boy!
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2006, 03:22:58 PM »
This has me worried: I've noticed the same changes in Paddy - still playful with me, but less and less interested in other dogs and he's not even ten months old yet!  I've also noticed that he's getting less interested in people too.  As those who saw him at the Wag & Bone show may have noticed, he was happier going and standing off to one side for most of the time, than coming in to say hello and get fussed over.  But man, he loves me fussing over him (just as well, since I love fussing!).

I see what Mark says but does this usually happen in such a short space of time?  If I compare me now at 40 with me at 30, yep, loads of differences but the changes have been gradual/incremental.  Some of the changes reported on this thread seem to have been (as with Paddy) a matter of weeks.

Interested to know your views.

Denise

Offline Jessie

• Site Member
Re: What's going on with my grumpy boy!
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2006, 08:56:03 PM »
Hi Denise,

It's disturbing how they grow up isn't it?  I always recall that dogs are suppose to grow 7 years to our one (not sure if this is still the theory...), so yes, changes do happen quickly.  Both my girls loved people and other dogs when they were young pups.  Now, they are totally different! 

Jessie loves people and will greet and cuddle anyone.  However, is very fussy over other dogs.  Some she takes a liking too and will play.  Others she tells quite clearly that she is not interested.  Mica, on the other hand is in love with any other dog.  Yet, with humans she will say "hello" but is then quite happy do her own thing rather than hang around. 

Jessie will cuddle up with OH for a good 3 hours on his lap at night.  Mica will come say hello, but will always rather sleep at your feet than cuddle up.   I guess they are all different, just like humans.  We just have to luv 'em for what they are!