Author Topic: Don't understand why..  (Read 1431 times)

scoobie

Don't understand why..
« on: August 14, 2004, 01:32:44 PM »
scoobie behaved this way :cry: I was just coming back from a walk with scoobie when my neighbour came out she came to say hello and scoobie just turned quite nasty - growling and went for her leg :cry: I couldn't believe what I saw and apologised no end to her
I went around to my neighbours house to see if she was ok and she has a mark on her leg there is'nt a puncture and he hasn't drew blood but I just feel so bad about this luckily my neighbour is nice and understanding she has a blue roan herself and she just laughed it off but now I'm worried about scoobie ..why the hell did he react like this?
I really appreciate your advice as I feel so down about this :cry:
Edith                    

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Don't understand why..
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 06:28:55 PM »
Hi Edith

That is very strange  :?   I wonder if maybe something spooked him?  Is he usually quite outgoing or can he be timid?  I know that Cooper isn't keen on people looming over him and does back away especially if it's a stranger.  His reaction is to hide behind me though :roll: .  He's getting better but is still not ultra confident :wink: .

I don't really have any other ideas.  I hope you find out what the problem is  :wink:                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

scoobie

Don't understand why..
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 07:10:33 PM »
Hi Shirley
yes he is quite timid at times ...my neighbour thought that she may have startled him because she approached suddenly but he's met her loads of times so I don't know what went on inside his little doggie brain he's a lovely lad usually..honest :wink:  my neighbour was dressed in bright pink trousers and tee shirt she laughed saying maybe he doesn't like pink she was joking
thanks anyway Shirley I feel better now but will be a little wary in the future
Edith                    

Offline Miss Poohs

• Site Member
Don't understand why..
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 07:21:07 PM »
I think this hot clammy weather has lots to do with as well - the woofers hate it.                    

Offline vicking

• Site Member
    • http://
Don't understand why..
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 09:54:50 PM »
:oops: poor you something scared your dog get your neigbour to meet you and your dog on neutral territory.JUDGE reaction again was it personal dislike? or did she do something that was not realised and upset your dog?Good luck hope everything ok oh just an after thougt but could the dog have been in pain? :roll:                    
VICKI , MIA AND ROSCOE X X X

scoobie

Don't understand why..
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 10:31:57 PM »
hi Vicking
thanks for that good advice I have thought long and hard about this and did wonder  if scoobie was in pain  I do know it was out of character and will be aware in future and not to take things for granted I will watch his body language and hopefully read the signs
Edith                    

Offline vicking

• Site Member
    • http://
Don't understand why..
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2004, 10:41:40 PM »
yOUR WELCOME. :)   my eldest dog takes dislike to certain people just be aware read the signs, keep on top of any foreseen incidents.    :)                    
VICKI , MIA AND ROSCOE X X X

Offline bunny

• Site Member
Don't understand why..
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2004, 02:13:46 PM »
its easy to say, but you shouldnt feel to bad, i know i would probably feel the same if i was in your shoes, but your friend(neighbour) seemed really understanding, you gave concern and apologised and followed through by going round to see she was ok, it seems no harm done as such, but it sounds to me he got spooked somehow, like some of the others have said, dont feel to bad, just keep an eye on him, and see how he reacts to other people and surroundings, goodluck                    

scoobie

Don't understand why..
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2004, 02:32:16 PM »
Hi Bunny thank you for your kind words and good advice
Edith                    

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
Don't understand why..
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 03:14:05 PM »
My dog is nervous and doesn't like to be approached too quicky by strangers especially if they come to touch her straight away. Your neighbour may have just invaded his space alittle too quickly, and as a dog owner herself she can probably appreciate he was spooked. I can appreciate this might be a worry to you however, to see his future reactions with peolpe. I usually tell people what Penny will probably do before they get too close and they either don't bother or take alittle more time, which settles her. Penny has never bitten anyone but she is likely to bark loudly!  :rolleyes:  
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

scoobie

Don't understand why..
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2004, 03:26:06 PM »
Hi Karen
yes I think your right as Scoobies been fine since then ;) I haven't seen my neighbour lately no doubt she will have her shin pads at the ready
thanks for your reply
Edith