Author Topic: Oscar Is In The Kevin Stage  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Mightyjoe

• Site Member
    • http://www.byphotos.com/album/780383
Oscar Is In The Kevin Stage
« on: August 27, 2004, 01:36:55 PM »
Oscar is definitely in the Kevin stage, :angry:  I the last 2 days he has destroyed the post and even made my new credit card look like Swiss cheese and has also started chewing the doorframe again. :angry:  The best came last night at Obedience classes, he would not do anything at all, not even sit and to top that he had 2 wee's in the middle of the floor as well. :unsure:  Well we are going to have to get a dog guard for the letterbox and a new credit card for me. Well I hope he is not in this phase for long as we are trying to sell our house, well it’s the weekend now and I will get the post before him. :ph34r:  
David, Sharon & Oscar

Oscar Pics    Oscar in Scotland

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 06:04:23 PM »
Jazz is coming up to 9 months old and the chewing of the post has gone on for 2 months, she only chews the important stuf, like loan agreements letters, she leaves bills and junk mail.

I had my house on the market, and it looked lovely, now there is wall paper hanging off and carpets ripped up.

I doubt this is what you wanted to hear, but its completey NORMAL. I have managed to control the wall paper, by leaving treat balls around the house and a couple of chews. Although the excitement of the postman arriving its too much...

Cathy
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline DIANNE32

• Site Member
    • http://www.DIDO.mypetpages.net
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 10:29:45 AM »
:P sorry i shouldn't laugh but i can just imagine them with the post lol :D  Bailey is 8months and so far so good he hasn't eaten any post yet! But he does like toilet rolls if he gets the chance. Cockers dont you just love em? :lol:  :lol:  
DIANNE,CHRIS, BAILEY & EBONY
[http://www.dido.mypetpages.net

ziggy

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 12:07:57 PM »
you see david,oscar was being very thoughtful when he chewed your credit card,he wants to be your flexible friend,and doesn,t want you to spend too much on him anymore, :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

ziggy,jasper and mabel xxx

Offline s baxter

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 02:52:21 PM »
how old is oscar?so i know when to brace myself for the kevin stage :unsure:  
sue baxter and Alfie

lynseyloo

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2004, 03:17:10 PM »
:lol: sorry to worry you but Jessie is 2 and still eats the post  :lol:  infact we are building a porch on the front of the house (as well as other things) simply cos Jessie does this.   :rolleyes:  expensive letter holder  :lol: .. daft cocker!

Offline Hel

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2004, 08:51:08 PM »
My parents's bitch is 5 and has always had a nibble at the post.  She's recently started to really chew it - my lads are staying overnight every week and I think she considers them competition for the post, even though they don't touch it and wouldn't dream of taking anything off her :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

My parents now have a letter holder, but they have to attach it every night before they go to bed, because the door opens straight against the wall....

Offline kookie

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2004, 09:47:39 PM »
Cleo is 5, and we still have to race her for the post or she shreds it.
Love from Karen and Livvy

Offline Mightyjoe

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2004, 01:54:41 PM »
Thanks for all the advice and the laughing at our expense. :P  You tell him off but he gives you the sad eyes because he knows this will win you over. B)  Oscar is 8 months old and it looks like we are going to have a few more years of fun with the post. We tried to get a guard for the letterbox but none would fit as the door has moulding on the back of it. We are going to try using the vacuum cleaner (leaving it by the door) as he does not like the vacuum cleaner.  :lol:  
David, Sharon & Oscar

Offline Tracey J

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2004, 02:49:04 PM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  we use the hoover for that too! :lol:  
Tracey, Molly &  little brother Brodie!

Offline Hel

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2004, 07:09:10 PM »
We tried to get a guard for the letterbox but none would fit as the door has moulding on the back of it.
It won't look pretty, but try attaching a strong bag to the letterbox.

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2004, 07:38:35 PM »
Where can i buy the letterbox boxes.?

I need one quickly.

CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline Mightyjoe

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2004, 08:39:43 AM »
B&Q have them and some pet stores
David, Sharon & Oscar

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2004, 08:47:43 AM »
Sorry but you have to compromise!!!If you don't want a destroyed house! You have to pay out!!! It is the cocker unspoken rule!!!!! ;)

So far (since moving in in december) the garden has been ripped up to be replaced with a dog friendly one - less grass - more gravel and raised flower beds. Meanwhile the Cellar floor has been ripped up to make way for the waterproofing so it can be converted into the dog room!!! :blink:

Hey, i did't need the money anyway!!!!!!! :(  :D

Clare  
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

lynseyloo

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2004, 01:47:52 PM »
I know someone that has a postbox on the outside of their house , so they empty it each day.. rathe than the bad bad bad bad letters coming in the house, but I sure wish sometimes that Jessies didn't attack my post, I mean at times it's great, you dont actually see your account balance proerly through the teeth holes, or credit card bill etc... but other times when I have had a photo sent to me or somethin it's a pain, my cousins new baby ended up with a newborn/chewed look