Author Topic: Guard Dog  (Read 1587 times)

ziggy

Guard Dog
« on: September 02, 2004, 07:15:06 PM »
just wondering if any of you have the same,jasper is fine all day long as long as the blinds on the window are up,i will work all day with him close by no problem,as soon as we shut,and the blinds go down,you would not believe what he turns into,,a raving lunatic if anyone knocks the door or opens the letterbox to call me,he jumps at them growling ,barking,absolutely going nuts,he,s a brilliant guard dog,is it more the territorial thing with the boys?i don,t mind it,i,m just amazed by it :blink: he,s a cocker,,lol

ziggy jasper and mabel xxx

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Guard Dog
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 09:55:06 PM »
:) Indie is the same Ziggy, she is a brilliant guard dog, she's not a yappie dog, she barks as and when needed, quite a gruff bark for a girlie too :lol:   She does talk to me throughout the day though, very vocal awwwoooo awooooo awooooo :D  

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
    • http://
Guard Dog
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 10:44:44 AM »
Woody has recently started doing this gruff non-bark thing whenever he senses "danger" which can be anything from another dog barking or a noise he doesn't recognise (like the builders down the street today) or even if my husband sneezes!!  We think he's ascerting himself as the head of the house and saying "hey, I'm the only dog here!"  Cute really ....
Jo, Woody\'s owner

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Guard Dog
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 11:03:53 AM »

Jimmy is the barker in this house, he hurumphs around indignantly if he hears an unfamiliar noise. Misty doesn't bother really, she'll just look to Jimmy if she feels he should be barking.  :D He may be noisy but he's no guard dog though.... a year ago he let someone walk right into the room he was in and steal my laptop. He probably took a ball to the burglar to throw for him. :rolleyes:  

Offline gc

• Site Member
    • http://
Guard Dog
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 11:21:45 AM »
balu only barks when she hears of something or someone outside the door. I recall once it was 5 oclock in the morning, and someone tried to open our door with a key. It was a lady who confused the floors and got into our floor. She eventually went on the right floor, after balu started to bark maniacly, and I was amazed by the way Balu just reacted.... she went straight to the door very very fast and barked very very loudly and it was a totaly different bark from the usual one! Noone ever did the same thing again ;-) I sometimes when strange ppl come into our door, I say to Balu: 'Egor-relax boy'!!! hehehe ;-)
George.
The truth is out there..... and a cocker can easily find it ;-)

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Guard Dog
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 12:40:30 PM »
Lottie has to be different as usual :rolleyes:

She never barks at noises or the door :unsure: If she hears the doorbell she just runs and looks through the sidepanel to see who's there, tail wagging madly no matter who it is :rolleyes:

She only ever barks when she plays and wants you to throw her toys and the only other time maybe when she's waiting for her dinner and gets over-excited ;)  
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Guard Dog
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 01:07:12 PM »
Buttons is a barker  :rolleyes:  she barks at EVERYTHING, if I let her out for the loo, when someone walks past the house, at the sheep in the field, at the cows in the field, at birds in the garden, at me when I come in from work  :rolleyes:
She's very vocal generally....like to "talk" to me when I ask her what she wants etc. It doesn't really bother me we've all got used to it, to me it's just one of her traits  :D  

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Guard Dog
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 09:13:12 PM »
My two just love the sound of their own voices!!!!  If one's not barking they both are :rolleyes:  They bark if they hear a car coming down the drive, when they want to play, at the postman, at their reflections in the fireplace, at the man in the next croft, at the man's chickens..............I, however, am meant to be a mind reader when they need to go outside to the toilet....not a sound do they make  :rolleyes: Cooper had a dodgy stomach yesterday (too much chicken  :(  )and could he tell me he needed out.......no sireee!!  :rolleyes:  :blink:  :lol: That's cockers for you - a law unto themselves!! :D  
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline *-Nikki-*

• Site Member
    • www.nicibec-cockers.moonfruit.com
Guard Dog
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2004, 10:06:00 PM »
My two just love the sound of their own voices!!!!  If one's not barking they both are :rolleyes:
I know exactly what you mean :lol:  :rolleyes:  :lol: !!