Author Topic: Doggie Etiquette  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Doggie Etiquette
« on: September 21, 2004, 10:26:38 PM »
Molo has made good friends with a 4 1/2 mth old Rottie pup at classes. They play together and he's in his element becos she doesn't get overwhelmed by his enthusiasm (as she is 3 times his size!) Apparently, she adores him too, although I can't tell as I find rotties really difficult to read, they always seem soooooo laid back!

Last night, to my horror, Molo tried to mount her! Shes not old enough to be near to her season, and he is too young at 17 weeks to really know what it is all about, but really :rolleyes:

My problem was, having only had bitches before, I wasn't sure how to handle it. Do I apologise, tell Molo off, distract him away from her or what? I know it is common when dogs are playing, but what to do?

Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Becky

• Site Member
    • http://
Doggie Etiquette
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 10:36:13 PM »
:lol: Ooh, I don't know but it's a funny image, tiny Molo with his giant girlfriend.   :lol:   think I'd try to distract him and make a fairly light hearted apology, after all, most dogs do it, even the girls, and their too young for babies! :D
Love Becky, Danny and Ollie!

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Doggie Etiquette
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 10:44:20 PM »
You want to see Alfie Baxter in action when hes anywhere near my Alfie, Im sure he thinks hes his own personal mounting post   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
Caroline and Alfie

Offline PennyB

Doggie Etiquette
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 11:07:54 PM »
They all do it (well most), and it doesn't really matter what sex they choose to do it to either sometimes. Ruby still humps Wilf, while Wilf still prefers my arm especially if I'm out in the yard picking up poo (trouble is he breathes really heavily in my ear at the same time LOL)!
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline dillydolly

• Site Member
Doggie Etiquette
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 11:30:17 AM »
zorro mounts his furry duck toy he has and he is only 3 months old  :lol:  

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
Doggie Etiquette
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 12:00:29 PM »
Oh Rachel I would have died with embarrassment!  Woody hasn't started doing this yet but hey - give him time!   :lol:

What did the Rottie's owner say?!  Did she even notice?!  I'd definitely make light of it and bribe him away with a treat.  Or would that reinforce it?!   :huh: We're still trying to get Woody to understand "DOWN"!  He's got "sit" all right but that's about as far as he goes!  Bless ....
Jo, Woody\'s owner

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
Doggie Etiquette
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 02:37:01 PM »
You think that's bad :blink:  :unsure:   Sebastian who was 7 last month still mounts Boys  :huh:  It is obviously a dominance thing with him but at 7 you would of thought he would of grown out of this  :huh:    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Doggie Etiquette
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2004, 09:31:58 PM »
I am glad you are amused at our expense  :lol:

It WAS quite funny, as he really gave it some thought......fortunately, the Rottie owner is really down to earth and didn't mind - but the rottie is well on the way to being a Show Champ already, she is so beautiful and way ahead of the rest in the training...but she loses her cool whe she and Molo get together :lol:

My arm is still Molo's favoured object of affection....he seems to go through days when he can't leave it alone, and other days hes not interested. Maybe its my perfume  :lol:  
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline s baxter

• Site Member
Doggie Etiquette
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2004, 01:39:01 PM »
:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: yes Alfie baxter seems to excell at mount and giving the other Alfie a good sorting shall i say,although he not interested in doing it to other dogs or things just his favourites :D  :D sorry Alfie :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: oh boys will be boys although i know of the girls want to join in
sue baxter and Alfie

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
Doggie Etiquette
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2004, 02:59:02 PM »
KEEP YOUR BOY HAPPY - GET HIM AN APPLE BOX TO STAND ON  :lol:  :P  ;)  
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
Doggie Etiquette
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2004, 10:21:49 PM »
X
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais