Author Topic: Nervous  (Read 990 times)

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
Nervous
« on: October 12, 2004, 06:37:07 PM »
Jenni is currently having her first season.
We've noticed that she is particularly 'flighty' and nervous, more so than usual (she's always been a little bit sensitive, to things like the hoover etc)
Is this just being exagerated because of her being in season, or is she going through the 'fear' stage.. Millie never went through this 'fear' stage.. ony the 'kevin' stage  :rolleyes:

Things like unexpected laughter, a floor brush, loud noises etc are making her lil'tail tuck as far between her legs as she can... sometimes she runs off for her bed, other times she skulks across the floor, as if she's trying to bury herself in the carpet...  :(

any thoughts folks?  :huh:  
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline Bellbellsmum

• Site Member
    • http://
Nervous
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 11:19:46 PM »
Ahh bless her cotton socks ;)  I had a lab who was the same.  Its just like PMT I bet she will be fine again after her season ends. If its her first season she probably feels weird and its freaked her out a tad.  I would prescribe lots of cuddles and reassurance and no loud noises.  Great excuse not to hoover if you ask me  :D  :D  :D  
Laura and Bella (Bellyflops) xxxxxx

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
Nervous
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 11:41:42 AM »
It's probably her hormones making her feel a bit weird.  She may be over-aware of anything approaching her as she is unsure what it will try to do to her.  I know a dog that is a little angel, but as soon as it gets to that time she is difficult to live with, and likes to keep space around her.  Jenni will probably settle down again when her body has calmed down a bit  :)

sportsmonki