Author Topic: 2 More Sleeps To Go!  (Read 2183 times)

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
2 More Sleeps To Go!
« on: May 12, 2005, 11:30:11 AM »
We're all ready for our new arrival :)

We've recovered from our holiday, all the washing has been done, the house is puppy proofed (well we just need to add something to our back door step), all Bella's bits are sorted and in their appropriate place, her little food mat with bowls is on the floor, her crate's set up looking all cosy with a couple of nice chewy toys in.......

I thought this week would go quite quickly but nope!

I keep reading all the posts on COL, old and new, and looking through the photo album but still the clock ticks slowly.

What to do to pass the time??

Offline mick

• Site Member
2 More Sleeps To Go!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 12:33:28 PM »
We're all ready for our new arrival :)

the house is puppy proofed
[snapback]126224[/snapback]

Ho Ho wanna bet on it Jilly. Me doth think not  mylady. You wait and see.

Pass the time by getting as much kip as possible you are going to need it kiddo.

Hope all goes well for you and give the new arrival a big sloppy kiss from Jess and me.

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
2 More Sleeps To Go!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 12:35:54 PM »
:) Hi Jilly!

Awww 2 days to go, I bet you can't wait!  Now for some ideas for passing the times, clean your kitchen cupboards out, sunbathe in the garden with a good book, go the pub for lunch with a friend, bulk cook some meals for the freezer, go the salon for a pampering B)

There that should keep you busy :)

sweetie

2 More Sleeps To Go!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 12:40:04 PM »
:lol:  :lol: sounds good to me emma,cause you won,t have time for it when your baby arrives jilly :P ,,hope it goes quick for you hun ;) xxx

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
2 More Sleeps To Go!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 04:44:12 PM »
Aww, I remember those last two days really well, getting my Bella's little bed ready and her little toys and her bowls and hanging her lead up by the door ready for her (actually I did that about 2 weeks before she came home  :lol:  :lol: ).

Even though it is really hard, try and enjoy your last couple of days of peace and quiet, it will all go out the window when Bella arrives!  :D  :blink:  :lol:  And if you've been reading lots of the COL threads you'll know what might be in store at night-time so make sure you enjoy your sleep and lie-ins while you can.

I have noticed that my sense of what is respectable in terms of how I look in public has considerably slackened since Bella arrived. I used to be really meticulous, especially about my hair, and wouldn't have thought it possible that I could go to a public park at 7am, knowing full well that I'd see other people, with me wearing god only knows what (let's just say my grey jimjam bottoms have come in very handy!) and a bloody awful, completely unfashionable coat that I now love because it has lots of pockets for treats/ball/keys/mobile/poo-bags etc, with hair sticking up all over the place. And whereas the two things I was never without used to be my purse and my mobile, they are now dog treats and poo-bags!  :lol:  :lol:  It must be puppy love!

Post pics as soon as you can and let us know how she settles in.

GOOD LUCK!!!  :)
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

Offline Bob's mum

• Site Member
    • http://
2 More Sleeps To Go!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 04:58:27 PM »
:D
I can only echo what has been said previously. Having picked our Bob up last weekend at 8.5 weeks old I can certainly vouch for the fact that sleep is the one thing you should stock up on now! Whilst they are so enjoyable to have the sleep is one thing I do miss! Also bear in mind you will have a permanent shadow now.

Waiting is the hardest bit, but also the most exciting -the anticipation of what's to come....

Post some piccies as soon as you can. What colour is Bella and where are you getting her from?????
[size=8]Jo[/size][/font]xxxx

Offline flossysmum

• Limited Member
    • Abilou Cocker Spaniels
2 More Sleeps To Go!
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 04:59:56 PM »
awww, net your really excited! i remember when we first got flossy, we had only 1 day to prepare.we went the day before to go and see her and she looked so cute! (this was all while my brother was at school and diddnt know a thing about it) my mum and dad brought her home while i was at school and when i got back a happy little puppy came bounding up at me :D she was the sweetest thing apart from house training her and ripping things to shreds she was great.

Love to see some pics of her when you gey her :D
xxx Love Abi, Flossy, Charlie, Amber, Bertha and Ginny xxx

Offline Annette

• Site Member
2 More Sleeps To Go!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 08:58:14 PM »
I have noticed that my sense of what is respectable in terms of how I look in public has considerably slackened since Bella arrived. I used to be really meticulous, especially about my hair, and wouldn't have thought it possible that I could go to a public park at 7am, knowing full well that I'd see other people, with me wearing god only knows what (let's just say my grey jimjam bottoms have come in very handy!) and a bloody awful, completely unfashionable coat that I now love because it has lots of pockets for treats/ball/keys/mobile/poo-bags etc, with hair sticking up all over the place. And whereas the two things I was never without used to be my purse and my mobile, they are now dog treats and poo-bags!  :lol:  :lol:  It must be puppy love!

[snapback]126290[/snapback]

YES!!!

And my house used to be a bit cleaner too!

I can so remember the awful wait, but we have had him all our lives now, don't think there is a time when he wasn't here!!!! :P

Definitely try to get some sleep now! (Hard though, I know!)

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
2 More Sleeps To Go!
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005, 09:09:00 PM »
thanks guys,

I know in a week or so I'll probably be wishing for some 'me' time but you can't help but wish the time away and it's hard to try and 'make the most' of the time so to speak.

We seemed to suffer with jetlag this holiday so we've been sleeping loads this week, I feel like I've spent half the week asleep so I'm trying not to sleep too much now otherwise I'll get into the habit and will find it hard then :blink:

I've been doing a bit of sorting out this afternoon and some spring cleaning so that's another half day gone! We've been and bought the slabs to make a better step this evening too so that's another thing sorted.

I think I already know what you mean about the house being less tidy and taking less care about your appearance, we already seem to have bits and pieces everywhere and she's not even here yet :ph34r:

As for a little shadow, I'm quite looking forward to that :wub:

Will definately post some piccies and a report (when I get a minute!) after we bring Bella home. We've also borrowed hubby's dad's camcorder so we'll be making little films of her too :)

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
2 More Sleeps To Go!
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 09:11:57 PM »
What colour is Bella and where are you getting her from?????
[snapback]126299[/snapback]

Bella is a blue roan and she is a Jayzander baby (Louby Lou), there are some piccies in the gallery of her when we visited her at 2 and 4 weeks old and there's one on there way back of Louby Lou's Millie when she first had the litter.

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
2 More Sleeps To Go!
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2005, 09:22:09 PM »
:) Aw Jilly - how exciting, I am really jealous  :lol:   You have lots to look forward to  ;)

ENJOY xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline wahm

• Site Member
2 More Sleeps To Go!
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2005, 09:25:34 PM »
You lucky,lucky thing!!!!!!
I am sooooo jealous! :D

Sue & Barley Boo[/size][/font]

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
2 More Sleeps To Go!
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2005, 10:10:28 PM »
I can remember being so excited when we were about to bring Bailey home.

I went funny and started nesting  :blink:   I wanted the house to be perfect and decorated my whole hall the day before we picked Bailey up!!!!  :wacko:
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
2 More Sleeps To Go!
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2005, 09:22:16 AM »
ONE MORE SLEEP JILLY!! :D

Not long to wait now  :P
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline looby lou

• Site Member
  • Georgia
    • http://www.jayzander.co.uk
2 More Sleeps To Go!
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2005, 10:34:53 PM »
about 12 hours left now Jilly :D . I'm excited for you!!! Bella has been wormed again today ready for you collecting her. Her puppy pack is ready for you with food, toys, brush, 2 combs, feeding bowl, puppy coat spray, puppy book and all the paper work. I shall bath her in the morning so she smells beautiful for you and then......... :D  and :(  only because I shall miss them, they have become a huge part of my life, but I know you and all the other new mummies and daddies will have hours of enjoyment out of this fabulous breed :D  I am sure everyone will agree with this.  ;)
To see our dogs visit
www.jayzander.co.uk

Looby Lou