Author Topic: Shedding?  (Read 842 times)

Offline carlene631

• Site Member
Shedding?
« on: July 26, 2005, 02:23:26 AM »
I have tried to find the answer to this question, and havent come across the answer, so I will ask on this forum.(a bit embarressed though).  :unsure:
some say yes, and some say no!   :huh:  

Do cocker spaniels shed?

there, i did it.  :)

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Shedding?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 07:40:19 AM »
Yes, and its all year round :)
Caroline and Alfie

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Shedding?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 05:07:39 PM »
oh yes and some :blink:  if you have wood or laminate type floors you'll find tumble weed fur balls in all the corners. Look at any plain carpet of a contrasting colour - there's loads of fur on it.

With central heating etc you find that they shed all year round whereas in the dim and distant past when we used to get up at 4.00am to scavenge for a piece of coal to warm the grate - they would shed once a year after winter when it was getting warmer. :D Then we'd gather up the fur and knit it into vests :lol:  :lol:
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Shedding?
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 09:59:27 PM »
oh yes and some :blink:  if you have wood or laminate type floors you'll find tumble weed fur balls in all the corners. Look at any plain carpet of a contrasting colour - there's loads of fur on it.

......... Then we'd gather up the fur and knit it into vests :lol:  :lol:
[snapback]138267[/snapback]

OH YES!!!!

And all over your clothes (little cuddle monsters they are!), and in your food no matter how hard you try....but only in your not so dog-loving guests' food of course!

Everywhere! But who cares. Before I had a dog my house was (sometimes) tidy, but then I didn't have the joys of a dog!

Offline fi61

• Site Member
    • http://
Shedding?
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 11:05:46 AM »
Cockers are one of the top breeds for shedding!!  It is of little concern to many people which is why you see so many happy cockers and owners :P  

I groom my girls everyday which does help.  

Cockers really are the best even if they do shed ;)

Fiona, Milly and Lucy

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
Shedding?
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 11:33:35 AM »
my cocker sophie an 1 of the golden ret cindy they are both shedding there coats we have to get the vacum out 3 times aday if any more start shedding there going out side  :(