Author Topic: The Coat King  (Read 652 times)

Offline wend

• Site Member
The Coat King
« on: June 09, 2006, 04:21:07 PM »
I've just received the coat king in the post this morning. Have used it on my eight month old blue roan Harvey. He was very woolly on the back half of his body and now looks half the size, however I am a bit concerned that the coat now seems to be really short. Is this because I've used it too much or just that there was loads of hair needed to come out? Does the coat king actually keep cutting the hair or does it just remove the puppy fur? Would love any advice as all the groomers around the Banbury area seem to clip cocker spaniels.

Offline Abby

• Site Member
    • Pub Dog Days
Re: The Coat King
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 06:01:33 PM »
I was advised by those on here who know to just keep on going till it stops coming out! It is incredible how much puppy fluff some have - Clive was very woolly. He is now half way between fluff which won't come out yet and starting to grow his adult hair. Just keep going. :D
Abby, Clive n Dylan

Offline wend

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 06:14:00 PM »
Thanks for the advice, can you also use it on their head and ears?

Offline DennyK

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 12:50:26 PM »
Yes - it's ace on both, especially on the edges of the ears where they get matter - just hold gently while you're doing it.  You can do the upper and under-sides of the ears with the Coat King and I'm always stunned by how much comes out from the top of Paddy's head - hoping it stops a "mop"from forming, although OH wants a curly, moppy dog..... >:(