Author Topic: Day three  (Read 934 times)

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Day three
« on: July 23, 2004, 12:55:58 PM »
And I was going to post what a little angel Alfie had been with no accidents anywhere in the house, when he presented me with not one, but TWO parcels just in the kitchen door  - and me barefoot :)

Well he seems to be settling in well with his confidence growing hourly. Loves the garden and up till now has used it for all no 2's and most no 1's. By the second morning he had mastered the steps at the back door so comes and goes as he pleases now (Im in the kitchen all day so can keep an eye) Hes getting very good at gardening, just needs to learn what plants are ok for pulling up  :D

He's very vocal and mutters and grunts and whimpers all day while awake which is a new one on me (Gunnar was the strong silent type). Its hard not to keep going to him and cuddling him. But he is very very independent and prefers to be bouncing about everywhere then being cuddled.

First trip to the vets for the once over and first injection this morning. And what a star - slept through the whole performance :)

So now hes in in favourte place (sofa in the kitchen)having a snooze whilst I get on and catch up on things before he wakes

Suki                    
Caroline and Alfie

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Day three
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 01:17:03 PM »
Oh what a star!  :)

How has he been at night? Are you getting your full sleep quota?

Great to hear hes settled so well  :D

Keep enjoying him...                    
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
Day three
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 01:47:06 PM »
He sound's like he has a great little personality! :lol:

So glad to hear he's settling in well, you sound very happy with little Alfie :D

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline PennyB

Day three
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 02:13:14 PM »
First trip to the vets for the once over and first injection this morning. And what a star - slept through the whole performance :)

Wilf did that on his 1st trip to the vets as well LOL                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Day three
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 02:44:17 PM »
How has he been at night? Are you getting your full sleep quota?

Hes really good at night :)

He's in his crate at night but in the bedroom. Hubby takes him up with him around 9.30 and he sleeps till around 4 when he wakes up wanting no 2's. Its straight out into the garden - business done and back to sleep again till 7 :)

I know so far we have been lucky and Im enjoying it while I can as Im aware things can change over night

Suki                    
Caroline and Alfie

Offline taniac

• Site Member
Day three
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 05:23:38 PM »
He's very vocal and mutters and grunts and whimpers all day while awake which is a new one on me (Gunnar was the strong silent type).

Ditto with my two, it's weird they can be so similar but so different!  Jovi's grown out of alot of his early chattering so Alfie might when he get's more confident!

How awful is it when you stand barefoot in dog mess.. almost as bad as cat sick!!  :lol:  :lol:                    
Tania
(Neo and Jovi's Mum)

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Day three
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2004, 11:07:31 PM »
:P Sounds like you're having lots of fun and Alfie has settled in perfectly  :P .                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys