Author Topic: Socks  (Read 1381 times)

Offline cassie

• Site Member
Socks
« on: September 02, 2004, 02:38:44 PM »
Rhona is a lil devil she loves socks she will run of wth them if she gets them but she wont if my dads there he just looks at her and she leaves them but if its me she has me runnin around as if im a mad woman then say my dad walks in she leaves them y 4 him and not me?
If chocolate was not here I wouldn't be either!

Offline Tracey J

• Site Member
Socks
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 02:45:55 PM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Cockers seem to love socks (especially dirty ones!).  Molly has a definite underwear fetish :lol: .  Try tempting her with a juicy treat, it always works for me. ;)  
Tracey, Molly &  little brother Brodie!

Offline ruth_2_hot

• Site Member
    • http://janandnoel.com
Socks
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 02:55:07 PM »
:angry: honey has got a bit of a sock fetish ,she also likes my bras and underwear she pinches them when im sorting the washing and buries them in her bed ,she only does it with my stuff though it must be a cocker trait x

luv ruth & honey :P  

Offline cassie

• Site Member
Socks
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 04:02:13 PM »
I try treats she likes the socks more when she was a puppy she was more fond of me then any1 at night she used to cry so we sleept down stairs wth her 4 a week but then my mum gave her 1 of my old sleepers im surpised they didnt kill er :lol: the smell of them but that selted er now she cant sleep wth out them.
If chocolate was not here I wouldn't be either!

Offline PennyB

Socks
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 06:16:24 PM »
You want to have two of them—my two play tug of war with mine while I'm trying to get ready LOL
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

ziggy

Socks
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 07:09:51 PM »
You want to have two of them—my two play tug of war with mine while I'm trying to get ready LOL
 :lol:  :lol: i can imagine it,and the look on your face,whilst they are having a right nice time, :P

ziggy jasper and mabel xxx

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
Socks
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2004, 09:14:44 PM »
From what I hear cockers are hoarders, mine certainly is, and has earnt herself the fitting nickname of 'maggie magpie'.  She was given this name by mother because she will steal things and hoard them in her bed...lol.  I guess this is a pretty natural instinct for a gundog  :P

However, there are some items she knows she must leave, e.g. food, shoes, hamsters etc, and she doesnt touch them.  If there is an item she is not allowed I take it to her, and tell her 'leave it', as she looks away I reward her.  She now knows 'leave it' and as she sniffs something she is not allowed I tell her, "no, leave" and she does so.  When she was a baby she didnt fully understand leave, and so i had to use my voice to let her know that i didnt want her to touch the object.  She rarely picks things up in the house now even when I am not there.  

If she picks up something I haven't told her to leave, I dont tell her off, I just calmly ask her to fetch it and give it to me, trading it for a treat or toy that she is allowed.  

This suggestion may not work for all dogs, but it has worked very well for me (so far) and I hope it may work for someone else here also.  

sportsmonki

lynseyloo

Socks
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2004, 09:46:48 PM »
yup Jessie loves socks and underwear too, many a time I have had to wrestle my undies off her .. cos she nicks them from the basket when your about to hang them out.  :rolleyes:   but then Poppy my yorkie likes socks aswell, she shakes hers like shes attacked a rat (in her blood I guess)

Offline PennyB

Socks
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2004, 09:53:20 PM »
:lol:  :lol: i can imagine it,and the look on your face,whilst they are having a right nice time, :P

ziggy jasper and mabel xxx
The little hooligans headbutt me 1st in their excitement or lick my glasses as I bend down to get the socks to put on my feet to find they're not there as it was all a ploy to steal them in the 1st place!
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline gc

• Site Member
    • http://
Socks
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2004, 11:07:59 AM »
Rhona is a lil devil she loves socks....
it sounds like you have a cocker?  :lol:
balu still grabs a sock if she has a chance!
George.
The truth is out there..... and a cocker can easily find it ;-)

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
Socks
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2004, 01:52:55 AM »
Mine too  :rolleyes:
They steal socks from the washing basket all the time and play with them. They are obsessed with them. They also have a habit of walking in (especially if visitors are here) with my knickers in their mouths  :o  :lol:  

Offline wendy

• Site Member
    • http://www.luthame.net
Socks
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2004, 07:07:49 AM »
Yes Finley loves socks I have never known this in a cocker my golden retriever loved socks so it's all new to me.   Wendy
Visit our new website
www.luthame.net

Dogs leave paw prints on your heart

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
Socks
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2004, 07:53:01 AM »
Yep, they just love socks!!

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
    • http://
Socks
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2004, 10:28:31 AM »
Not only does Woody love socks and nicks them out of the laundry basket on a regular basis but yesterday while walking - he actually found a pair of socks!!!  Oh the JOY!!  This was ALMOST as great as the half-eaten Greggs sausage roll he found the day before!  How lovely of our neighbours to leave so much rubbish in the street eh?!  
Jo, Woody\'s owner