Author Topic: will it confuse him??  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: will it confuse him??
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 03:34:55 PM »
Poor Ronald, after I spoke about him behind his back here on COL :005:, I looked at him sleeping last night and smoothed his head.  As he is deaf and almost completely blind he wondered what the heck was happening, jumped up from his sleep and hit his head of the radiator and fell straight back down again.

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:
I shouldn't laugh - poor old b*gger!!  :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 03:42:31 PM »
Poor Ronald, after I spoke about him behind his back here on COL :005:, I looked at him sleeping last night and smoothed his head.  As he is deaf and almost completely blind he wondered what the heck was happening, jumped up from his sleep and hit his head of the radiator and fell straight back down again.

I laughed when I read it too but then I felt bad for laughing at poor old Ronald!  :005: :luv: :005:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 03:46:05 PM »

I laughed when I read it too but then I felt bad for laughing at poor old Ronald!  :005: :luv: :005:

I am sure he is quite happy in his own little world  :D
Julie and Watson

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 03:57:39 PM »
He definately is in a little world of his own, he really is a senile old geriatric dog.  To communicate to him we have to use our hands in BIG animated movements - he seems to understand them but he looks at us with such a look of disgust I am sure he is swearing at me under his breath.   :005:

Now and then he will try to run in from the garden but his legs get all tangled and he ends up looking like Bambi and falling over, sometimes even when stood still his legs just slide down from underneath him and he falls over - shouldn't laugh really.

He is perfectly happy, I keep taking him to the vet and they all love him saying what good condition he is in for his age which he is so I probably have another 5 years of senile old Ron :D  I wish everyone on COL could meet him, he is a real character :luv:
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline Marie

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2006, 08:36:27 PM »
thanks for all opinions - have decided to leave fin in the kitchen.  mark would just kill me if he wouldn't settle when he returned ph34r
[span style=\'font-family:Optima\'][span style=\'font-family:Arial\']Marie and Finlay[/font][/span][/span]

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2006, 12:08:49 AM »
thanks for all opinions - have decided to leave fin in the kitchen.  mark would just kill me if he wouldn't settle when he returned ph34r

Good choice Marie, he probably would settle but you never know, he could be a bit like Ronald and believe me Matt is not a happy hubby :005:
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2006, 12:36:20 AM »
Aaaw Miche after that story I need to see a piccie of Ronald. Have you posted any of him on COL?
( pmsl too - Poor Ronald  :005:  :luv: )
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2006, 08:45:36 AM »
Bless, old Ron sounds a little treasure  :luv: 

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2006, 12:47:17 PM »
I think you are doing the right thing Marie.  :D  Best to stick to normal routine - better for Fin really.  As for you, have you thought about taking a teddy to bed??  :005:  :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline Marie

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2006, 06:34:43 PM »
i might need to take a teddy to bed - hate sleeping by myself - another two nights to go then i'll be back to complaining about him hogging the duvet and f**ting!! :005: i'm never happy  :005:
[span style=\'font-family:Optima\'][span style=\'font-family:Arial\']Marie and Finlay[/font][/span][/span]

Offline winewood

• Donator
  • Now in Italy
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2006, 11:25:16 PM »
My dogs know that when oh is away they get a couple of nights on my bed, then usually one  night very occasionally when hubby is home. I did it with my previous dogs Airedales (though they had one night each, to big :lol: I'd have to sleep like a sausage in the middle tried it once) :005:  Mine just know its a very special treat that doesnt  happen every night. Normally at bed time they just trot of to the laundry get a kiss each goodnight then I don't hear from them again til morning. They are 18 months and 9 months, I am a softy and they get cuddles constantly but I am the boss they don't get on the furniture unless given permission and jump on beds only when asked NEVER just when they feel like it, I think it depends on how well trainined the dogs are occassionly invitation only is fine. They also spend some nights outside during summer they are dogs and can sleep anywhere. Last christmas we took Indi with us to visit family in Melb she slept every night in a different laundry that she never been in before and one night on a verander at the front door, out in the country in the middle of the bush,  think she watched the wildlife go pass, kangaroos and wallabys.
 :005:
edited to add it does help me sleep on the first night cause I still have snoring, Indi sleeps under my arm and Kody sleeps with his head across my knee its like having OH next to me :luv:
Owned and trained by two mad cockers