Author Topic: how does your pooch travel?  (Read 6575 times)

Offline phillyknickers

• Site Member
  • Can we go home yet.....?
Re: how does your pooch travel?
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2007, 10:33:26 AM »
Penel - love the tail gate, can you get them fitted to any car do you know?

same here - Like the idea of these - can you tell me where you got it from pls?
Harry the Sprocker - crossbreed I know, but still gorgeous !

"Don't walk in front of me - I may not follow.
 Don't walk behind me - I may not lead.
 Just walk beside me & be my friend." (and STOP PULLING!!)

Albert Camus

Offline Rosie

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2007, 10:49:53 AM »
I know a lot of people in agility get theres from a company called Barjo engineering -  I'm sure people know of others

I wanted one till I realised that Ellie was not happy travellling with Miah Kelpie (she kept getting squashed) so I employed hubbie to make me some 2 tier cages so she now sleeps upstairs with baby Spice!!  Will try to get some piccies.  I like it cause they have locks on the doors so if we are stopped can leave boot open and dogs secure and also the can not chew the inside of the car (thanks Dylan).

Rosie & 4 naughty cockers plus one!

Offline wisleyma

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2007, 11:37:53 AM »
Wisley and Gilbert sit together with a divider in the back of our Volvo estate. We did used to have a golf and Wisley had a Pet Tube which is a tube (as the name suggests ;)...!) which straps to the seat belts and unzips from either end. it zips up to almost nothing when you have it out of the car for storage and is made of tough mesh fabric so withstood the chewing phase. They are made by Roofbox and are a good alternative if you have a 3 door car... http://www.roofbox.co.uk/dog-bag/ptintro.html?campaign=dogbag

My OH's colleague has a 5 month old working cocker who, when left in boot of brand new landrover for an hour, chewed through the seatbelts in the boot  :005: :005: he has now had a sailmaker craft coverings for them so the little monkey doesn't do it again!  ;)

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2007, 11:38:56 AM »
We was lucky,my dad works for the police and they made us a Police dog cage that they use for GSD'S

Offline phillyknickers

• Site Member
  • Can we go home yet.....?
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2007, 02:35:40 PM »
They are made by Roofbox and are a good alternative if you have a 3 door car... http://www.roofbox.co.uk/dog-bag/ptintro.html?campaign=dogbag

:005: :005:

Why do I think that they look like a bin  ph34r ?
Harry the Sprocker - crossbreed I know, but still gorgeous !

"Don't walk in front of me - I may not follow.
 Don't walk behind me - I may not lead.
 Just walk beside me & be my friend." (and STOP PULLING!!)

Albert Camus

Penel

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2007, 04:18:30 PM »
Yes mine are from Barjo www.barjo.co.uk  but I have also heard recently of another v good company that I will probably get to make my next ones (am changing car soon so the Zafira tailgate and dog guard may be for sale  ;))... http://www.dogcages.net/home.htm apparently he makes them made to measure, and can do all sorts of things, for less £££ than Barjo.

Penel

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2007, 04:42:10 PM »
Obviously - check on Ebay for dog guards and cages - and also on http://www.agilitynet.co.uk/activepages/fleamarket.asp

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2007, 05:52:44 PM »
Yes mine are from Barjo www.barjo.co.uk  but I have also heard recently of another v good company that I will probably get to make my next ones (am changing car soon so the Zafira tailgate and dog guard may be for sale  ;))... http://www.dogcages.net/home.htm apparently he makes them made to measure, and can do all sorts of things, for less £££ than Barjo.

Cheers for those sites  (shame I don't have a Zafira I would have bought it off you  ;) )

Offline Tasha

• Site Member
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2007, 06:38:00 PM »
I've multi trained mine, they are normally in a crate but I also harness and have them free in the back of my truck behind a dog guard.  I harness trained because its a pain in the neck when you have to travel long distance in small car and you can't always guarantee that you will have room for both crates.

Pluson shoot days they get chucked in the back of the shoot cart so its all dogs together :D :D

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2007, 07:52:37 PM »
Alfie and Tilly are loose in the boot of my car. They are really well behaved and either sleep or sit and watch the world go by out of the back window. They never try to jump over the seats and sit and wait when I open the boot until I tell them they can jump out. I keep meaning to get a guard thingy but haven't got round to it and because they're well behaved it's not really been urgent.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2007, 02:05:52 PM »
I have a large crate with a divider, which fits in the boot with the back seat folded down. I use this when i,m travelling to Aberdeen.It's great cos sasha would sit on my head if she had half the chance. or her other favourite place the dashboard. sasha does whinge abit but it is a 5-6hr journey for us. for local going places I have two soft crates which fit in the boot, they are not in these for longer than 20mins.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline jools

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2007, 03:38:53 PM »
It could have been me you saw driving with a cocker on their knee  ph34r - until yesterday, when we fitted a dog guard to the car. Bramble can't jump over and sit on my knee now
With love from Julie, Bramble Poppy and Coco xxx

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2007, 05:08:03 PM »
In style :005: :005:........They wish  :005:

Seriously they travel in crates for now until i save up for fitted cages
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline blueroangirl

• Site Member
  • R.I.P Sweep 21.2.2004-7.12.2013
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2007, 06:09:54 PM »
Sweep has a harness for the car which we used a few times when he was small. However, he now goes in the boot as he usually has very muddy paws after his walk! He is quite happy there and a really good traveller.  :D :D ::)

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2007, 01:28:51 PM »
They never try to jump over the seats and sit and wait when I open the boot until I tell them they can jump out.

the danger of dogs loose in he boot is not that they jump out when you have stopped, but in many minor road accidents where someone hits you from behind your boot will open and there have been lots of reports of dogs loose on the road in these situations.
I have heard of this happening in a couple of occassions which is why its a good idea to have your dog secured or have a crate or tailgate guard.
I have a Lintran dog box for my lot because I can lock it and leave my tailgate up at agility shows etc

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy