Author Topic: Most important thing in life......FOOD  (Read 1703 times)

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Most important thing in life......FOOD
« on: May 08, 2004, 04:51:23 PM »
Woke up early this morning full of beans so left everyone in bed and walked Lottie to the field.  My good mood soon turned to  :evil:

As soon as I got through the gate I let Lottie off her lead and then noticed a lady putting her golden retriever on his lead and was soon to realise why. :? Lottie was stood still staring at him from about 30ft away.  As I called her, the retriever suddenly bolted at her almost pulling it's owner over, growling and snarling at the same time:shock: The owner let go of him and he just chased after Lottie :( .   She ran like mad trying to get away from him, at the same time yelping, squealing and crying :roll: .  She was petrified :(

To cut along story short, she found a gap by the gate small enough for her (but not him)  to get through and out of the field and headed for home :shock: I've never run so fast in my life and no calling would stop her.  Luckily, I knew she wouldn't have to cross any roads.

BUT....this is what really wound me up.  Even though she was so frightened, as she ran with me in hot pursuit she passed a bread roll sat right in the middle of the pavement.  She picked it up and raced on :shock:

When I caught up with her, she was sat on the front doorstep licking her lips :shock:  :evil:  I nearly collapsed from exhaustion whilst she sat there looking pretty pleased with herself :roll:  :x                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 05:08:47 PM »
Great story, and what presence of mind you little one has :lol:
I hope you recover soon!
Cheers,                    
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 05:12:52 PM »
you poor poor thing!  :cry:

It's so scary when these episode's happens, but i could'nt help but smile about the bread roll bit 8)

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 05:44:24 PM »
Poor you Mary,  :(  bet youve never run so fast .... It happened to me years ago, when my previous lab was chased and attacked.
She disappeared into the woods,  it took us ages to find her.  :(

Ive got to laugh at the bread roll incident  though,  little minx  :lol:  :lol: she certainly knows were her prorities lie.  :roll:                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 05:54:29 PM »
Mary it's obvious..... :roll:
she needed the roll for the extra boost of energy  :D

Poor you though, you must have been so worried                    

scoobie

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 06:53:00 PM »
Ah what a fright for you both .. I could just picture it though ..stopping to pick up the roll...typical little cocker!! sorry I know I shouldn't laugh but it's the way you told it.
Edith                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2004, 07:06:50 PM »
Awwww poor Lottie - still manages to think of her stomach in a time of crisis :roll:  :lol:  Hope the both of you have overcome the ordeal.                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 09:01:20 PM »
Poor Lottie  :cry:

Sorry but  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   about the bread roll.                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2004, 09:31:21 PM »
poor Lottie! and poor you!
I was going to ask if she was ok after her ordeal, but I guess the bread roll made up for it!! :lol:                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2004, 09:57:57 PM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Awwwww poor Mary and poor Lottie!                    

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2004, 10:16:24 PM »
I'm sorry but that's so funny.  After the first couple of sentences I did wonder how you'd come up witht he title :?  :wink:  :D  :lol:   Aww she deserved a little treat after what she went through!  :lol:

In all seriousness, though, it amazes me that people keep dogs which they obviously can't control.  When we used to go to puppy classes there was a tiny lady with a 10 month old GSD 'puppy' and she didn't have a hope - was just being dragged round the hall  :roll:   :roll:

Hope you don't meet them again  :shock:  :wink:  :)                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2004, 10:48:06 PM »
In all seriousness, though, it amazes me that people keep dogs which they obviously can't control.  :)

I can actually sympathise with the owner tbh.  She was totally aware and did put him on a lead and he was OK.  It was just Lottie staring that must have aggravated him and he just bolted so suddenly that the lead slipped from her hand :(

She looked dreadfully worried and was desperatley trying to tell me that he wouldn't hurt her and I seriously don't think he would have.  It was all bravado but Lottie is such a passive dog that anything like that really spooks her :( She doesn't like other dogs barking even :roll:  :?

I'm lucky to have a dog that I trust totally with other dogs and that wouldn't even contemplate hurting another dog.  It must be awful to take your dog for a walk worrying how temperamental your dog is going to be to others :?                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2004, 11:02:08 PM »
Awww poor Lottie...what a fright you must have got...but like the others  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Bread Roll  :lol:  :lol:                    

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2004, 11:05:29 PM »
Awww poor Lottie...what a fright you must have got...but like the others  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Bread Roll  :lol:  :lol:

Yeh right....bread roll :roll:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:                    
Mary & Lottie x