Author Topic: The Perfect Puppy  (Read 2314 times)

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
The Perfect Puppy
« on: August 23, 2004, 02:39:51 PM »
Not the book. Ollie  :lol:  :lol:

I am waiting for him to turn into a demon. But so far he's been an angel. He sleeps in his crate at night without a murmur. He's almost house-trained. He doesn't playbite (well, he DOES playbite Toby, but not people  :lol: ). He had never been for a walk before but he trots along on the lead without any problem. He was a little star at training class. What is going on??????  :lol:  :lol:

I was sitting back waiting for him to chew everything to bits and be a demon. Is he going to turn on me at some point LOL? Or is it possible to have a really good puppy of 16 weeks?

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
The Perfect Puppy
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 03:02:06 PM »
That's so nice to hear :P

You might just have struck gold and have a well behaved boy! He's probably so relieved that he's being so well looked after and has heaps of love that he just so happy. B)

Is there a chance that his previous owner has trained him well, or was his start in life not that good :(

What matter's now is that he's in your care and behaving!!

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline Laura

• Site Member
The Perfect Puppy
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 03:10:52 PM »
you could just have a good puppy!!  I didn't think they existed until I got Bailey.  He is 17 weeks tomorrow and to date he is still an angel - and everytime I say that I wonder if I am tempting fate   <_<  :lol:  He is too laid back to get himself in too much trouble - for now!

Bailey has a need to chew at the moment but even that isn't causing any problems - just a case of making sure he has something appropriate.

Long may it last for you ......oh and us!! :lol:  
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline Sandy J.

• Site Member
The Perfect Puppy
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 03:27:53 PM »
Sara was the same when she was a little puppy. She's never destroyed anything. She was very calm and quiet. Even the toilet training was not a problem for her - she learnt it very quickly. I was really proud of having such a perfect puppy :D

Sandy & Sara

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
The Perfect Puppy
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 03:58:45 PM »
At least I don't have a mutant on my hands then  :D

Still..at some point we have the adolescence to come  :huh:

Saying that, Toby hasn't been too bad at all. He's 14 mths old now and pretty well-behaved. I think I've been very lucky so far, hope it's not too good to be true  ;)  

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
The Perfect Puppy
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 11:17:41 PM »
I too have been waiting for Molo the demon puppy to appear as everyone, including his breeder, warned me he would  :lol:

Similar to Ollie, he has slept in his crate, toilet trained and learnt bite control from very early on.

I wonder what he will come up with when he becomes a rebellious teenager - its always the quiet ones, isn't it  :blink:  
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
The Perfect Puppy
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 11:46:02 AM »
What's going on is that you have accidentally taken MY puppy - will we meet and arrange a swap?

;)  
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline PennyB

The Perfect Puppy
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 12:45:13 PM »
Ruby was the demon pup in our house and Wilf the angel who would bite Ruby instead (that serves the little madam right) but who's now turned into a teenager called Kevin LOL
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
The Perfect Puppy
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 04:24:47 PM »
and learnt bite control from very early on.

Rachel, let me into your secret please :huh:

Thats the one area where Alfie lets the side down, he can bite for England and its getting more painfull as he's getting stronger :(
Caroline and Alfie

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
The Perfect Puppy
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2004, 06:58:09 PM »
Not really sure of my secret, I have just followed the advice given of yelping like his mother/siblings would do....but made sure I have given him the chance to learn this by giving him opportunities to play with my hands. He still mouths, but there is no pressure behind the teeth - the next thing I will do is extend the 'yelping' each time he mouths....hopefully this will stop soon too  ;)  
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
The Perfect Puppy
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2004, 07:34:24 PM »
Blue was a perfect puppy too Kelly and has grown into a lovely boy, he is no trouble at all for me, never has been, now on the other hand we have Bailey!!! now he is the demon pup!, so much hard work! makes me appreciate just how good Blue really is!! :D  
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
The Perfect Puppy
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2004, 07:37:18 PM »
The same here with Molly and Evie! :P

Molly is a little angel, very well behaved " Little Miss Perfect ", whereas Evie is a real roustabout! But there personalities suit one another and I would'nt be without either one of them ;)

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline Tracey J

• Site Member
The Perfect Puppy
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2004, 09:26:49 PM »
You're so lucky to have such a good boy.  Everyone seems to have one demon and one angel :D .  I've had my demon pup, please let the next one be my angel (praying hard)
Tracey, Molly &  little brother Brodie!

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
The Perfect Puppy
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2004, 09:50:26 PM »
I've had my demon pup, please let the next one be my angel (praying hard)

Don't worry Tracey - if his picture is anything to go by, I don't see how he can be anything but B)  
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
The Perfect Puppy
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2004, 09:58:02 PM »
Well there is time for Ollie to turn into Kevin, like Penny's Wilf  :lol:  :lol:

Toby is a fairly good boy now (he was naughty to start with but he was very unsettled)...so by the rule of thumb, Ollie may well change at some point  ;)