Author Topic: Leyton's First Week....  (Read 771 times)

Offline markie and gang

• Site Member
Leyton's First Week....
« on: August 24, 2004, 09:16:54 AM »
Has shot past and no earth shattering problems...Our kids came back last week from staying with Nan and he has just absolutely loved them to pieces. He follows them everywhere.

He has had his first injection ( Our vets start them from eight weeks) and last night went to a special puppy training class where the young uns are kept isolated on the stage..... all went well with just meeting the other dogs until he promptly fell asleep!

Crate training is going very well and he has accepted the crate as his refuge. We get barely a wimper at night when he goes in and only wakes us once to go to toilet. He then sleeps right through until morning!

The only query is should we leave him when he whimpers for a pee or should we let him out to the toilet? I feel that we should let him out as at nine weeks he cannot surely have learnt his pelvic floor exercises?! :rolleyes:

He is learning what no means and learning to chew his toys and not us. He has also learnt what fun it is to dive in the flower beds and mash up all the plants!

He is a pleasure to have and we are so looking forward to our first walks next month :D

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
Leyton's First Week....
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 09:29:16 AM »
Wow it sounds like you have a little angel, I'm really pleased for you. B)

As regards letting him out for a wee I think you should at this age, he's very young and can't hold himself for very long.

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Leyton's First Week....
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 09:59:41 AM »
Doesnt the first week fly by? He sounds like hes made himself at home :)

I still let Alfie out for a wee at night - usually around 3 am but he settles straight down again. Some nights he may go through if I get him up before I go to bed at 1ish but mostly he still wants out at three. Its a small price to pay as we havent had a wee in the house for nearly two weeks :)

Caroline and Alfie