Author Topic: Hi Everyone!  (Read 4616 times)

Offline Faf

• Site Member
    • http://
Hi Everyone!
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 12:40:44 PM »
Thanks to everyone for being so friendly and kind :D ,  

I rang the vets 8.30 this morning they said that Sonny had not had a very good night :( .  He is still being sick, so as quick as they are getting fluids into him he is bringing it back up again.

The vet has said that he would like to do some x-rays, and some other tests, and that we should ring again around 3pm.  

He also said that he is sat up, and having a look around, which is a good sign.

I have just driven up to the vets to give him his teddy cocker spaniel to cuddle up to :) .

I rang the breeder to let her know, she thought that it might have been the change in water or just being away from his mum and siblings.  She has asked me to let her know how he is.

I feel awful, he had only been with us for four days, just left him mummy to come to us, and now he is in a cage at the vets.  I know he is in good hands but he is so tiny.  I am hoping we will be able to see him later today as the vet wouldn't let us see him this morning.

Once again thank you for your care and concern.

I am looking forward to Sonny getting better and us coming to one of your COL meet ups, so he can make lots of new friends! :D

Love from Catherine & (Still poorly) Sonny.xXx
*~* Love from Catherine. xXx *~*[/size]

Offline Mich

• Site Member
  • Bailey come back!
Hi Everyone!
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 04:52:24 PM »
:( You poor thing. Really hope that you have some good news from the vets this afternoon and he is on the mend.
  Mich, Bailey and Poppy xxxxx

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
Hi Everyone!
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2005, 04:59:16 PM »
Hi ya! I hope Sonny is on the mend. I havn't ever had that problem with either of my dogs but have a friend who had exactly the same problem with one of hers, she stayed in the vets over night, was rehydrated and was and is perfectly fine! It's hard not to worry I know, but I'm sure everything will be ok. It is quite common for pups to pick tings up when they change from one environmaent to another. Anyway fingers crossed everything is "a" ok!! Silikstockingxx :)

Hi to everyone on 'COL',

my name's Catherine and I'm lucky enough to have a new arrival of an 8 week old little baby boy chocolate roan cocker spaniel called 'Sonny' who arrived home on Saturday!

He is gorgeous, and was settling in nicely until Monday afternoon when he started with sickness and dioreah, and was off his food, have kept him on the same food as the breeder had been giving him (Royal Cannin).

He has been really quiet and lethargic, not wanting to play, just really sleepy. 
He perked up a bit yesterday, and started eating just a little.  He was still really quiet and sleepy, this morning. 

Took him to the vets this afternoon, because I was really worried, and they have kept him in, and put him on a drip to rehydrate him.

Hopefully he will be home tomorrow evening, the vet said they would like to keep an eye on him for 24 hours.

I had rang the vet when Sonny first started with this, but I was advised that it was probably due to being away from his mum and brothers and sisters, and being in a new environment. 

Has anyone else experienced anything like this with their new pup?

Will let you know how he is!

And try and post some pics......

Thanks,  Catherine.x
[snapback]154680[/snapback]

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
Hi Everyone!
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2005, 05:04:51 PM »
I hope you are ok! I know it's a silly thing to say but it can be so stressful when your dog is sick or has to stay at the vets for any length of time.  I have my fingers crossed for you that everything will be ok, I'm sure it will, puppies are risiliant little whats it's! One minute they are unwell the next minute they are chasing around.  :)

Thanks to everyone for being so friendly and kind :D

I rang the vets 8.30 this morning they said that Sonny had not had a very good night :( .  He is still being sick, so as quick as they are getting fluids into him he is bringing it back up again.

The vet has said that he would like to do some x-rays, and some other tests, and that we should ring again around 3pm. 

He also said that he is sat up, and having a look around, which is a good sign.

I have just driven up to the vets to give him his teddy cocker spaniel to cuddle up to :) .

I rang the breeder to let her know, she thought that it might have been the change in water or just being away from his mum and siblings.  She has asked me to let her know how he is.

I feel awful, he had only been with us for four days, just left him mummy to come to us, and now he is in a cage at the vets.  I know he is in good hands but he is so tiny.  I am hoping we will be able to see him later today as the vet wouldn't let us see him this morning.

Once again thank you for your care and concern.

I am looking forward to Sonny getting better and us coming to one of your COL meet ups, so he can make lots of new friends! :D

Love from Catherine & (Still poorly) Sonny.xXx
[snapback]154913[/snapback]

Offline Faf

• Site Member
Hi Everyone!
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2005, 06:22:32 PM »
:( Hello, I have just joined the forum after getting my gorgeous golden puppy Toby (8 weeks old) on Monday.  On Thursday lunch time, he was sick.  By 4pm he was very ill and is now at the vets on a drip with a virus of some kind.  Parvo has been ruled out (but symptoms are similar) and we were warned it was likely he would not make it through Thursday night.

He has made it through, but is still very weak and ill and cannot eat without vomiting.  The vets have done all they can and we are just waiting to see if he can fight this.  It is horrendous having to see him so ill.

Has anyone else had an experience like this, and have their babies pulled through?  One vet says it is optimistic he has made it til now, another says it is still very touch and go.  No one can give any reassurance at this stage (understandable) but the wait is unbearable.

Lucy
[snapback]61401[/snapback]

Hi all,

Have been to visit Sonny this afternoon and he is really poorly, still being sick and now has blood in his poo, the x-rays were fine, the vet suspects parvo virus, and has sent off samples to be tested.  

He is still on a drip and antibiotics, the vet is also giving him morphine like pain killers.

I searched the COL posts and found the above post, this little puppy sounds like he had the same symtoms as Sonny, and did turn out to have the virus.

Please send Sonny all your love and prayers.

Love Catherine.xXx

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
Hi Everyone!
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2005, 06:56:05 PM »
i all,

Have been to visit Sonny this afternoon and he is really poorly, still being sick and now has blood in his poo, the x-rays were fine, the vet suspects parvo virus, and has sent off samples to be tested. 

He is still on a drip and antibiotics, the vet is also giving him morphine like pain killers.

I searched the COL posts and found the above post, this little puppy sounds like he had the same symtoms as Sonny, and did turn out to have the virus.

Please send Sonny all your love and prayers.

Love Catherine.xXx
[snapback]154985[/snapback]
Hi Catherine
I'm so sorry to read about Sonny :wub:
Here's hoping he makes a full recovery.
Sending him lots of love & prayers from us. :o
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

kitty

Hi Everyone!
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2005, 08:11:07 PM »
Hi Catherine,
sorry to hear you little one is poorly i too had this problem with two of my (i have 6) cocker pups both came from the same breeder. the vet put the first porrly pup down to change of surroundings and stress. but whan the same thing happened again a few months later with my boy, i wasn't convinced it turned out that he was riddled with worms and although the breeder said she had wormed  the litter, the vet felt that the bitch hadn't been wormed and thus passed them on the pups. my boys was kept in for two nights and was then nursed back to health over the next week. he is now a strapping two year old who has loads to say for him self. i wish you all the best in your pups recovery. have you wormed him/her since you collected puppy from the breeder?????
all the best
Kitty

Offline denisec

• Site Member
Hi Everyone!
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2005, 08:48:01 PM »
Aww so sorry to hear about little Sonny  :(   Here is hoping that he pulls through  :)

Offline DIANNE32

• Site Member
    • http://www.DIDO.mypetpages.net
Hi Everyone!
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2005, 10:20:24 PM »
:( Aww poor baby hope he makes a full recovery soon, its like the others say probably a bug. Welcome to the site hope you enjoy.
DIANNE,CHRIS, BAILEY & EBONY
[http://www.dido.mypetpages.net

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Hi Everyone!
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2005, 10:46:38 PM »
Poor little mite :(

Hope hes on the mend soon

Healing vibes being sent

Caroline and Alfie

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Hi Everyone!
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2005, 10:50:06 PM »
Awww poor little Sonny  :( ...sending him lots of healing thoughts and a big hug for you xxxxxxxxxx
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline paulb

• Site Member
    • http://barney.moonfruit.com
Hi Everyone!
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2005, 10:57:30 PM »
poor sonny,

hope things get better for the little mite, we are sending yuo all positive thoughts,
barney is our 7 and a half month choc roan,

xxx
Barneys Website

With Best Wishes, Paulb, Evonne ,Ollie, Alice and of course the great Barney

Offline Faf

• Site Member
Hi Everyone!
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2005, 10:05:50 AM »
Hi,

just to let you know that Sonny is still hanging on, like I said the vet has said that he has the parvovirus (although we are waiting for the test results).

We just have to see if Sonny is strong enough to fight this.

I have spoken to the breeder and she is very upset, and tells me that the other pups are ok.

Thanks for all your messages.

Love Catherine.x

Offline Spanielsmum

• Site Member
Hi Everyone!
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2005, 10:12:46 AM »
:( hi Catherine, just seen today's post. I am so sorry for you, and Sonny of course. At least he's with the vet  and getting the right treatment. I will say a prayer for you both and am sending hugs.

Offline loubylou

• Site Member
Hi Everyone!
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2005, 11:17:41 PM »
:( Catherine oh so sorry to here this news all our love is with you and Sonny and hopefully with all the positive vibes coming from everyone here on COL he will pull through. Do not give up hope because we wont!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

All our love

with love from Lou and Rusty