Author Topic: Dog Friendly Golf Courses  (Read 8151 times)

Offline wisleyma

• Site Member
    • http://
Dog Friendly Golf Courses
« on: August 01, 2005, 02:11:05 PM »
hello everyone

Does anyone know of any golf courses in England (preferably) or Wales or Scotland where dogs are allowed on the course? I've googled and googled but haven't had much luck finding any results so any ideas or recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Still not sure that Wisley can be completely trusted not to run off and retrieve a golfer's ball before it goes down the little hole but I'm sure he'd be useful finding the darned things in the rough when his hapless owners have smacked the ball in completely the wrong direction...!  :rolleyes:

thanks v much

Jenni

p.s. hopefully see some cockers at the Wag & Bone Show in saturday!

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 04:50:17 PM »
Wimbledon Common

Although officialy dogs are not welcome on the course, its a public right of way and dog walkers use it
Caroline and Alfie

Offline Em - Oscar's mum

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 09:35:18 AM »
I think they allow Dogs on the course at Cowdray Park in Sussex as I know my hubby wants to take Oscar when he is a little bit bigger and can be trusted not to go and retrieve all the golf balls!  :P

Offline PennyB

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 10:31:01 AM »
I think they allow Dogs on the course at Cowdray Park in Sussex as I know my hubby wants to take Oscar when he is a little bit bigger and can be trusted not to go and retrieve all the golf balls!  :P
[snapback]139269[/snapback]

Mine still can't be trusted to not retrieve golf balls. Our old cocker till the day she died would sneekily bring them home from the park so we had a draw full of them!
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 11:03:38 AM »
Nell is walked everyday on the golf course by us. It was public land and was sold off  :angry:  there is a public footpath going right through it,  which is ridiculous. Hubby has had a few run in's with golfers, but he still goes on there  :P Nell collects loads of golf balls, and hubby gives them to the pensioners that play on there.  :D
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Becky

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 11:31:34 AM »
Do the dogs know to duck when someone shouts 'fore'? :lol:
Love Becky, Danny and Ollie!

Offline wisleyma

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 01:45:20 PM »
thanks v much for all the replies. Will try out Wimbledon Common (v near to home and Wisley has walks there every day anyway) and Cowdray Park as that's just down the road too. Will keep you posted on ball stealing antics and training for ducking during tee-shots!  :D

Jenni

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 03:27:18 PM »
Do the dogs know to duck when someone shouts 'fore'? :lol:
[snapback]139279[/snapback]

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline kcs_toby

Re: Dog Friendly Golf Courses
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 12:04:12 PM »
There's a list of dog friendly golf courses in the UK here http://www.dogfriendlytogether.co.uk/listing.php?filter2=6.

It's only a short list right now but it seems to be a rapidly growing site of dog friendly places in the UK. More importantly they have loads of dog friendly pubs listed too!  ;)

Offline Bruce Lynn

Re: Dog Friendly Golf Courses
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 09:26:56 AM »
Sorry to bump a dated topic, but this thread appears in the top page of Google search for "golfing with dogs in the UK" (these legacy threads become an informal Wikipedia on the web).  The question is one we have been grappling with for a while and decided to create a list of all golf courses that welcome dogs.  While the previous reply had a link to a list with 4 courses, this list has over 400 (plus reviews, tips, filtering to find one for you).  So I thought that I would add it to the thread so people looking for dog golfing will find it easier to locate places to take their canine companions.   www.doggolf.info

(PS.  The site is purely non-commercial (no ads, sales, promo), just hopefully a useful reference for dog owners who play golf.