Author Topic: Wont Sstand When Grooming  (Read 2920 times)

ziggy

Wont Sstand When Grooming
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2004, 10:23:20 PM »
is it the mars ck,extra fine?

Offline DIANNE32

• Site Member
    • http://www.DIDO.mypetpages.net
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2004, 10:26:49 PM »
:P i have seen these before at the breeders where we got bailey from, when i see them on thursday night i will ask them which is the best one to use.xx :D  :P  :D  :P  B)  
DIANNE,CHRIS, BAILEY & EBONY
[http://www.dido.mypetpages.net

ziggy

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2004, 10:36:18 PM »
i just bought one,can,t wait to get it and see what it,s like

ziggy,jasper and mabelxxx

Offline DIANNE32

• Site Member
    • http://www.DIDO.mypetpages.net
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2004, 10:39:34 PM »
:P brilliant let me know how you get on  :D  
DIANNE,CHRIS, BAILEY & EBONY
[http://www.dido.mypetpages.net

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2004, 08:36:34 AM »
Hi Dianne

Extra fine (26 blade) is the one you need for a cocker coat.  You'd be amazed with the amount of dead hair it gets rid of.  Morgan's 'short back and sides'  :D  always looks so much sleeker after I've used the coatking  :) .  Just wish I could tame his leg feathering - it grows wild!!  :huh:  :rolleyes:  :lol:

I'm sure there must be a thread somewhere with a list of all the recommended equipment for grooming yourself.  It might be useful to have the a list pinned at the top of the grooming section for people wanting to start grooming their own cockers??  :)

Good luck with your Ziggy  :) , look forward to seeing before and after pics of Jasper and Mabel (when the time comes  :D )
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline s baxter

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2004, 11:19:09 AM »
,i did read on a thread ages ago that black males can,t be handsripped oops stripped,sure bailey bumpkins will be fine

ziggy jasper and mabel xxxx
oh why is this?
sue baxter and Alfie

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2004, 11:34:32 AM »
I'm sure there must be a thread somewhere with a list of all the recommended equipment for grooming yourself.  It might be useful to have the a list pinned at the top of the grooming section for people wanting to start grooming their own cockers??  :)

Your wish is my command :D The list of basic grooming equipment can now be found at the top of this board.

Jane
Jane

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2004, 12:27:47 PM »
I groom a WH terrior and he hates the clippers. His ex groomer used to string him up on the table to stop him from snapping at her. I have gently got him to accept the clippers by starting as far away from his head as i can and taking it gently. If he snaps he gets a stern no and if he gets distressed we stop and he has a brush. We are now at the stage where i can get all the way to his neck. His face area is still very much off limits but that suits us both.

Patience and perseverance! ! !

However i do prefer my cockers hand groomed and stripped - they are sleeker and more cuddlier!

Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

ziggy

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2004, 03:44:07 PM »
i don,t quite no sue,but i do remember reading it a while ago,i didn,t take much notice at the time,because i wasn,t thinking of having him stripped,must look back on it and see why ;) unless someone would be kind enough to tell us :D save me searching :lol:

ziggy,jasper and mabel,xxx

ziggy

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2004, 03:55:04 PM »
just tried looking for that thread,but can,t seem to find it,,hope i haven,t go it wrong :ph34r: i,m sure i did read it though!

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2004, 06:54:10 PM »
:D   Thanks, Jane!  Saves hunting for a thread to add a link  :D

Ziggy, I think it's neutered males and spayed females that you're thinking about.  The coat usually becomes woolly and wavy after these ops.  A black cocker coat is usually thicker but it is still able to be stripped.  Cooper's black bits are definately much denser that his roan bits and a lot more work to strip.  Morgan's breeder had 4 black dogs and he handstripped them for shows  :)
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys