Author Topic: Can Dogs Get....  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Louis

• Site Member
Can Dogs Get....
« on: April 02, 2005, 12:24:49 PM »
Hi everyone

Louis has always been a good traveller, but my brother took him to the beach on Thursday night and when he dropped him off louis didn't seem himself :(  :(  He didn't want any tea and just lay at the back door.  Within half an hour of being dropped off he started reaching :(  I took him into the garden and he was sick twice.  After wards he seemed to perk up a bit and he was back to normal the next day :D  :D  
I know my brother isn't the best driver and i have to say that i usually feel sick when i get out of his car, just wondered if this was why louis was sick???? He has never been sick before due to travelling, so it must be my brothers driving ha! ha! Not that i would tell him.

Gemma&Louis

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
Can Dogs Get....
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 12:29:41 PM »
I had one dog and she would get travel sick on every journey. She would vomit immediately.
I believe there is medication for this, but Cindy just refused to travel with us after a little while, so we didn't try it.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline flossysmum

• Limited Member
    • Abilou Cocker Spaniels
Can Dogs Get....
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 12:34:31 PM »
:rolleyes: My dogs have always been gr8 in the car exept from scratching a bit at the boot, they can be sick sometimes in cars but it could be that he was just having an off day. :)
xxx Love Abi, Flossy, Charlie, Amber, Bertha and Ginny xxx

Offline daunting

• Site Member
Can Dogs Get....
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 12:40:28 PM »
Saffi is always sick in the car even on the shortest journeys - she can always find something to bring up even if she hasn't been fed for awhile :blink:
Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
Can Dogs Get....
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 12:58:47 PM »
It's possible that he was suffering from travel sickness, but I think probably more likely that he drank some sea water ?  :)
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline Louis

• Site Member
Can Dogs Get....
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 01:32:01 PM »
Thanks for your replies, he could of drank sea water, as he has been in my brothers car before and he wasn't sick then.  Thats the trouble when someone else takes your dog out, you don't see what they are putting in their mouths :blink:

Gemma&Louis

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Can Dogs Get....
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 01:47:01 PM »
If he's never been travel sick before then I agree with Kim it's more likely to be from something he's picked up on the beach or from drinking the sea water.

There are remedies you cn use if it does turn out to be travel sickness though but I'd wait and see if it is that first. ;)
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
Can Dogs Get....
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2005, 02:36:13 PM »
We don't have cars so I don't know about them but ours get sick on the boats!

You should have seen us one day :ph34r: Sam was a tiny baby and we had to go away. Sasha and Scully were coming with us so we were all on the boat. Thats OH, me, baby Sam and two cockers. ALL of us threw up except OH! He was mortified :lol:  :lol:  :lol: and he had to clean us all up!!! The boat staff were not impressed. :rolleyes:  :ph34r:

Edited to add: and drinking sea water makes both mine sick too.
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
Can Dogs Get....
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2005, 03:45:26 PM »
My old Springer used to groan and sigh a lot on long journeys. Never actually sick but I she did look a bit 'green'. Once out in fresh air she perked up a lot.

Edited to add:
You should have seen us one day ph34r.gif Sam was a tiny baby and we had to go away. Sasha and Scully were coming with us so we were all on the boat. Thats OH, me, baby Sam and two cockers. ALL of us threw up except OH! He was mortified laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif and he had to clean us all up!!! The boat staff were not impressed. rolleyes.gif ph34r.gif

That would be me too - I am awful on boats, not too bad in a car but I really prefer to be driving.

Offline Georgie

• Site Member
Can Dogs Get....
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2005, 03:49:08 PM »
Bailey's only once been sick in the car, when we took him on a camping holiday quite far away from our home, when he was bout 8 months old.
From Georgie and Bailey xxx

Offline looby lou

• Site Member
  • Georgia
    • http://www.jayzander.co.uk
Can Dogs Get....
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2005, 07:36:21 PM »
Ive got one cocker who was terrible in  the car. If he wasn't sick he would drool so much his ears and neck were wet through :( . Someone told me to give him a small childs dose of sea legs and the improvement was unbelievable, providing he hasn't sneaked any biscuits before travelling. I no longer give sea legs but make sure he hasn't been fed and usually no problems not even a drool. :D
He travels all over now and hoping scotland will be a sick, drool free journey next week.

To see our dogs visit
www.jayzander.co.uk

Looby Lou

sweetie

Can Dogs Get....
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2005, 08:28:38 PM »
my dogs have always been ok in the car,,we took them everywhere,but my sis-in laws dog was as sick as a parrot,suppose it,s like humans,,some like it some don,t ;) xxxx

Offline dreamcatcher

• Site Member
    • http://
Can Dogs Get....
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2005, 10:49:52 PM »
my dog has always been ok in a car, but my dads setter is sick just going 2 miles up the road.
TANYA AND SHILOH

Offline dreamcatcher

• Site Member
    • http://
Can Dogs Get....
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2005, 10:50:20 PM »
my dog has always been ok in a car, but my dads setter is sick just going 2 miles up the road.
TANYA AND SHILOH

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
Can Dogs Get....
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2005, 11:03:55 PM »
Our 2 are fine in the car, no problems, in fact they love it, and will jump in the car and expect you to take them somewhere even if you're just fetching something out of it or putting it in the garage etc  :rolleyes:
My mum's bitch has always been travel sick, she's better now, but still cries and drools/pants a lot even on short trips. As a young dog when we went on long drive we have to stop every 40minutes or so and give her a break, a little walk and a drink to relax her and get her feeling better again.
She never refused to go in the car, but always looked a bit unsure when you asked her to get in  :(
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk