Author Topic: Hiccups  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Wightpaws

• Site Member
  • Wightroche Magical Knight
Hiccups
« on: January 29, 2006, 08:43:00 PM »
:blink: Hi could anyone help out there please, Snoopy if my first puppy and he gets hiccups sometimes after eating (mix of wet/dry feed), sometimes after he plays (when gets too excited) and sometimes for no reason in the middle of the night, although these do not last very long and he doesn't upset him or stop him doing anything I just wondered whether anyone knew why he got these?
cheryl, owned by Snops, Rocks, Pebbles and Ruby Roo

Offline princess

• Site Member
  • elliott is my baby
Hiccups
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 09:06:50 PM »
all puppys do suffer from hiccups .my elliott who is nearly 1 used to get them soooooo much :lol: he still gets them now but not as much .dont worry its normal :lol:
paula & elliott

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
Hiccups
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 09:11:03 PM »
Bith of mine used to get hiccups but they don't seem to anymore and they are only 6 months and 8 months
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline MrsMac

• Site Member
    • http://
Hiccups
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 09:53:49 PM »
Yep, Melody is 3 months and she often gets hiccups.  I couldn't think what was wrong with her the first time she had them but once I noticed it wasn't really bothering her I realised what it was  :lol:
Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
Hiccups
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 08:40:31 AM »
I'd forgotten about this - Max used to get them ALL the time!! I mentioned it to the vet once (1st time puppy owner & neurotic about every little thing!) & she said it was perfectly normal!! Funnily enough, he seemed to outgrow it  soon afterwards - he's 8mths now & only gets it every now & then.

:lol:
from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!

Offline Wightpaws

• Site Member
Hiccups
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 10:01:18 AM »
I'd forgotten about this - Max used to get them ALL the time!! I mentioned it to the vet once (1st time puppy owner & neurotic about every little thing!) & she said it was perfectly normal!! Funnily enough, he seemed to outgrow it  soon afterwards - he's 8mths now & only gets it every now & then.

[snapback]181005[/snapback]

thanks for all the reassurance, not having owned a puppy before I don't want to miss anything and think best to check with you all as lots of good advice and help.......... can't thank enough

Offline cassie

• Site Member
Hiccups
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 12:10:19 PM »
My dog is 2 1/2 and she still gets the hiccups.It can make you jump sometimes but its normal
If chocolate was not here I wouldn't be either!

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
Hiccups
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 12:49:00 PM »
I'd forgotten about this - Max used to get them ALL the time!! I mentioned it to the vet once (1st time puppy owner & neurotic about every little thing!) & she said it was perfectly normal!! Funnily enough, he seemed to outgrow it  soon afterwards - he's 8mths now & only gets it every now & then.

[snapback]181005[/snapback]

thanks for all the reassurance, not having owned a puppy before I don't want to miss anything and think best to check with you all as lots of good advice and help.......... can't thank enough
[snapback]181024[/snapback]

Oh god, me too - I'm always worrying about every little thing & rushing to check on here - you're not alone!!  :lol:
from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!

Offline Wightpaws

• Site Member
Hiccups
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2006, 01:55:25 PM »
I thought it was only me that did that too, so good no that there is another newbie puppy owner out there.... :)

How old, what is he/she, do you have any photos I love looking at puppy's development so I can make sure mine isn't over weight/under weight, etc (Paranold Owner here at times, wasn't ever like this with the cats or the horse, but Snoopy is so special)

Cheryl and Snoopy

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
Hiccups
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2006, 02:10:57 PM »
You sound like me!!

Max is 8mths - definately working cocker - black solid with small flash of pale grey down his front - VERY hairy with a tendency to get really curly & out of control unless we keep him trimmed!!

He's also completely mental but we adore him - he makes us laugh every single day & can always cheer us up, no matter what! He's a real character but I think all cockers are from what I've read on here!!

The vet weighed him the other day - he's 13.5kg but doesn't look at all plump - quite slender in fact, under all his fur, so we're not too bothered. He's quite a picky/fussy eater & will often go a day or so without really eating properly, but he seems fine & has the energy of 10 pups so we're not overly concerned - apparently, his dad is the same, according to our breeder/friend.

We've got tons of photos - I really must get around to posting some more, but I'm such a techno-phobe - I have to get hubby to help!!  I LOVE looking at everyone else's photos - it's the first thing I do when I log on!! I've also become additcted to COL  - much to hubby's amusement!!

What about Snoopy? Details & photos please!

:D
from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!

Offline Wightpaws

• Site Member
Hiccups
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 02:44:58 PM »
Snoopy is nearly 14 weeks old, he is blue roan (and definetly a boy!!!!) He is into everything and doesn't ever walk anywhere.  He weighs last checked by vet 5.1 kg about a month ago, my guess is he weighs more like 6kg now, he is a piggy, but only when he wants to be.... lunchtime he doesn't tend to eat as much, guess this is because I'm going back to work and he is trying to stall me from leaving him to torment the cat, who he adores, pitty the cat doesn't return that love......

[/IMG] This was him at 5 weeks when we we first saw him he is trying to get into the shoe, think I should have guessed that he would have had a shoe problem from an early age, I've not lost a pair of boots, a strap off my walking trainers, sleepers (disappeared)..... Having a problem with uploading the other photos, if you pm me I will forward them to you?

We are starting our first puppy class this week, although I have to go without him and I then have homework to do afterwards, how nervous am I, but also looking forward to it, can't wait...........

Does your boy stick to you like glue?  Snoopy follows me everywhere, when he runs off he comes straight back to me and only wants my o/h when I'm not there, do you know whether this is a boy thing?

Can't weight to see some photos of yours and I am also very addicted to COL it is a great community.........

Cheryl and Snoopy :blink:

Offline DennyK

• Site Member
    • http://
Hiccups
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2006, 04:14:28 PM »
Cheryl

My vet said you should weigh them twice a week till about five months old.   Easiest way: set up your scales, weigh yourself, then pick him up, and weigh both of you together.  The difference is his weight.  This is important so that you can adjust his feed quantities as he grows and gets older.

Good luck from another new puppy owner - Paddy who is 12 weeks old and a cutie too!  Snoopy is one of the cutest blue roans I've ever seen: adorable little face!

Denise

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
Hiccups
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 04:50:32 PM »
Bless him - he's sooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!

Funnily enough, our Max doesn't have a shoe problem, but is fanatical about socks!!!

And yes  - he follows me EVERYWHERE - he hates closed doors & will sit the other side of the bathroom door, whimpering like a baby!! If I'm having a shower, he dozes on the bathmat!!

I'm lucky in that I work from home, so I get to spend a lot of time with him, but he's equally as attached to hubby these days (he was VERY clingy with just me to start with but he's growing out of that now) & is fine with his human grandparents puppy-sitting him if we're out a while - even the odd overnight. He's always sooooooooooo happy to see us though - goes mental - throws his head back & howls like crazy & then won't leave us alone for hours - bless - I love it really!!

I really must get hubby to help with some photos - I think I did post some a while back under the 'general' section - October time I think!

How are you finding puppy ownership? I'm loving it - I'm completely neurotic about every little thing though - drives hubby nuts! I've only ever had older dogs before as a child/young adult & my parents really took the brunt of the care, so this is my first solo effort - I figure it's good practice for having kids!!??!!

from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!

Offline Rachel B

• Site Member
  • Look at me!!!!
Hiccups
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2006, 05:07:56 PM »
How are you finding puppy ownership? I'm loving it - I'm completely neurotic about every little thing though - drives hubby nuts! I've only ever had older dogs before as a child/young adult & my parents really took the brunt of the care, so this is my first solo effort - I figure it's good practice for having kids!!??!!
[snapback]181174[/snapback]

All of us puppy owners seem neurotic - i phoned my OH up at work once cos Barney had eaten his first pigs ear in about 40 minutes and i thought they were meant to take about an hour!!!  I can laugh at it now but I think my OH is relieved I am relaxing a little :)

I think having kids will seem like a doddle compared to looking after a puppy :D  :ph34r:  :o  :blink: (you can quote me on that in 10 years time ;))
Rachel & James and a waggly tail from Mr Barningham

Acorah

Hiccups
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2006, 05:14:30 PM »
i phoned my OH up at work once cos Barney had eaten his first pigs ear in about 40 minutes and i thought they were meant to take about an hour

As long as that, Acorahs done in 10  :lol: