Author Topic: dog door  (Read 2187 times)

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
dog door
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2004, 04:04:58 PM »
We have a plastic internal flap for covering the door when not in use, it is fairly strong but if we are going away for a few days I also do things like put the bin behind the door or bring Meg's bike into the kitchen and leave that against the door, just something big and heavy so if it dropped it would make a lot of noise, I also don't leave keys in the door or near the door.

Michelle                    

Offline taniac

• Site Member
dog door
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2004, 05:13:19 PM »
I'd love to have a dog flap for my two, but they can't be trusted without supervision.  Even though the majority of the garden is paved, they dig massive meteor size wholes in the flower beds.

So far we have had to wire the flower beds so they can't get into them, I have one area which should be a toilet area that is still available but they dig massive holes so deep they're almost through to next door!!!  My partner spent Saturday burying bricks along the fence line so they can only dig a little way down in way of a deterrent!!

My only other worry with the dog flap is the other neighbour who teaches piano from home, she probably wouldn't appreciate Jovi's singing accompaniement!!

Anyone else have a problem with the digging (my two can manage 6 holes in the 10 minutes it takes to shower!)                    
Tania
(Neo and Jovi's Mum)

Offline fudgesmammy

• Site Member
    • http://
dog door
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2004, 05:40:58 PM »
We had a digging issue. So I built fudge a digging area in the garden. Whenever she dug there she got a good girl and whenever she dug anywhere else she got told off. If she dug on the lawn we moved her and put her on the digging patch. She soon got fed up with digging. She will have a crack at any new plant we put in though!                    
Eilidh, Fudge and Harry