Author Topic: My 1 Year Old Cocker PeePees when excited - can I stop this?  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Calhouns Mommie

• Site Member
I'm sure you all are familiar with this problem  :lol: My 1 year old cocker pup pees whenver he gets excited, new people come to the houes, etc etc.  He pees ON people!  How can I stop this?  It's so embarassing, not to mention gross!                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
My 1 Year Old Cocker PeePees when excited - can I stop this?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 09:37:46 AM »
This is a problem I am very familiar with :roll:   Indie is always doing it, I don't have the answer how to stop it i'm afraid, I tend to put her out in the garden for a wee, as visitors arrive, then let her in, but somehow, she still manages a little tinkle :?

I will be interested in the replies to this one :wink:                    

Offline gc

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 10:29:51 AM »
Mine does that when she gets the attention from a few people that she *really* likes!

What I do, is to keep her next to me and tell my friends *not* to pay attention at her for a few minutes, just to ignore her... It seems that the trick worked... well, most of the times did ;-)

George.                    
George.
The truth is out there..... and a cocker can easily find it ;-)

Offline donna

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 08:03:01 PM »
I'm happy to say my Riley (almost 2 years old) has outgrown that problem, so there is an end in sight.  Shelly, my 9 months old still does it.  I try to have the dogs go out right before company is expected but sometimes that's not always possible, so we try to keep her in the kitchen area so if she does tinkle, its on the floor not the carpet.  We also tell our guests not to pay attention, which helps somewhat.  Luckily most of our friends are dog lovers and they're used to it.                    

Offline Juel

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 10:54:45 PM »
I had this problem with ~Oscar~ my 1st cocker....i was given the same advice as George to ignore him 'till he settled down a bit......this was really hard to do as i loved his over excited welcomes but  for other peoples sakes we did persevere & asked others to do the same & i must say it did work & he still got his loves & cuddles if a little bit delayed :(

Hope you have some joy!!!
luv
juels&Harveymonster xxx                    

Offline fudgesmammy

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 11:50:45 AM »
Fudge did this at about 1 year old- it only lasted a few months and then it stopped- she outgrew it.                    
Eilidh, Fudge and Harry

Offline marie_231

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2004, 07:50:28 AM »
Benson has just started doing this , hes 16 weeks old now so looks like he may be doing this for some time , think ill have to talk hubby into that new wood floor im after lol