Author Topic: weeing his own bed  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Rusty

• Site Member
weeing his own bed
« on: July 09, 2004, 07:05:38 AM »
Hi Everyone

Rusty is 11 weeks old and toilet training has not been to bad, :) but the last 2 nights he has pee'd his own bed and also last night he pee'd his pillow that we bought him :? I was under the impression that they did not pee there own territory :? please correct me if I'm wrong. Also his fur was wet so all I can imagine is he was lying in it, would be grateful for any answers as I'm quite confused :?

Elle * Rusty* xx                    

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
weeing his own bed
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 07:11:06 PM »
I also understood that they wouldnt mess in their own bed area.

But, maybe he was deeply asleep and didnt have time to move.

Does he have access to water all night, I have started to restrict it for Lottie and she goes from 10.30 until 4.30. May be worth a try.

Maybe something frightened him and we just wee'd in his sleep?

Hopefully someone will have a better answer for you than mine                    

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
weeing his own bed
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 04:28:28 AM »
I had two pups here once who persistently wet on their bedding inside the crate at night.
The only way I stopped it was to get up every two hours during the night and put them outside, praise them and so on. I did this for about 7 nights and they stopped doing it on the 8th night when I left them from 12pm until 6am.
If it persists it might be worth a try. I know it's tiring though!                    

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
weeing his own bed
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2004, 06:18:43 PM »
Kelly, you are an angel helping all those little puppies! :D

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
weeing his own bed
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2004, 06:53:22 PM »
I was also under the impression that pups will leave their sleep area to wet/soil  - Molo and his siblings were doing this at 4 weeks according to his breeder.

I am sure the experienced COL members will be able to help me here; could it be an infection of some sort? I had an adult GSDx bitch who occasionally got bladder infections and this made her wet her bed with wee in the night, and I'm sure she didn't know she was doing it.

Can this happen in dogs, and/or puppies, or is it more likely to be an immature bladder that needs time to develop?                    
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
weeing his own bed
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2004, 02:23:39 AM »
I know that the books state pups will not wet or soil their own bedding but it's just not always the case, I don't think it generally indicates any health problem  :?
I would think it was more a sign of an immature bladder as you say. It might also depend on the routine the pup was in with his breeder?