Author Topic: What colour???  (Read 6877 times)

Offline Cocker lover

• Site Member
What colour???
« on: May 12, 2004, 01:06:19 PM »
I ave a blue roan and a chocolate roan.What colours are your dogs?Is it true that chocolate roans are rare??Does anyone have one???? :D                    

Offline Katina

• Site Member
    • Kennel Pretty Flower's
What colour???
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 01:24:45 PM »
Yes, chocolate roans, or liverroans as we call them in Finland, are quite rare.
I have one orange&white bitch and two blueroan bitches. In a couple of weeks I will be introducing one blueroan bitch more to the family  :lol:                    
There's only one, -but that one is a lion

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
What colour???
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 01:59:41 PM »
Hiya

I have a gorgeous blue roan called Molly and a choc ( liver ) and  tan called Evie, liver roan are rare, that's the colour I wanted but could'nt find one so we went for the lovely choc and tan instead 8)

There is a beautiful liver roan called Buttons on the gallery have a look she's a stunner!

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
What colour???
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 02:00:36 PM »
I have a Liver/Choc Roan called Buttons...you can see her on her own site...below                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
What colour???
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 02:39:57 PM »
Someone just came in this morning with a baby chocolate roan - he was absolutely gorgeous :D  Certainly don't see that many of them up here. I have a gold, an orange roan and a black. Next one is going to be orange roan or orange/white. Mind you, after seeing that little cutie this morning I may just change my mind...again :roll:  :wink:  :lol:                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
What colour???
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2004, 03:51:57 PM »
I overheard somebody at a show once say that there where 21 different colours of cockers :shock: These are the only ones I can come up with:

Black
Golden
Liver/Chocolate
Black and White
Orange and White
Black and Tan
Liver and Tan
Blue Roan
Orange Roan
Liver Roan
Blue Roan and Tan?
Black White and Tan?

I really can't think of anymore and I am not sure if I have made a few of these up :roll:  :roll:

Michelle                    

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
What colour???
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2004, 04:20:28 PM »
Don't forget the very very rare but gorgeous lemon roan! :D

I've never seen one in the flesh but I have in books and on the net.

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
What colour???
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2004, 04:23:04 PM »
They all sound about right Michelle - I wonder if the person you were speaking to included Sable which is becoming more common, and the Lemon roan too, and some people also distinguish between golden and red cockers... as usual, Jane will be able to clarify :lol:                    

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
What colour???
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2004, 05:23:11 PM »
I have a golden cocker, not my choice as he was a rescue dog and they don't give you colour options in rescue  :lol:
I would like another cocker. My favourite colouring is the tricolour, or black and tan and white, or whatever the official term is  :?
Apparently they are pretty rare. I think blue roan and orange roan would be my next choice. This all depends as I may end up with another rescue cocker and have no choice again  :wink:
A lady I am in contact with at the moment has a chocolate roan bitch, I've seen some pics and she's gorgeous.
I think puppy wise, I do like the solid's best, but as adults I prefer the roans aesthetically speaking (of course, I think Toby is the most beautiful dog in the world though  :wink: ).                    

Offline Roba

• Site Member
What colour???
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2004, 10:02:11 PM »
I have a liver(choc)roan and tan and her half sister who is blue roan and tan Cassie and Sky.                    
Paul,Cassie and Sky

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
What colour???
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2004, 10:29:12 PM »
I see 2 choc roans quit often one lives near my house the other by my shop so I think there not too rare mabe they are becoming more popular :D I was talking with jane about lemon roans last week and shes yet to see one so they must be very rare in the show type of cocker but you do see them in the working lines . I was looking at the sable they look kinda  strange id love to see one in the flesh :)
theres now a colour like silver as well i was reading very rare too.
Blue roans are quite common  :lol:
Oh and we cant forgot black and tan there quite rare , not sure if blueroan and tan is as rare thou  :?                    

Offline Michelle_S

• Site Member
What colour???
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2004, 11:21:30 PM »
Harry is a chocolate roan - have yet to see another one locally - and had to travel a distance and wait quite a while to find a breeder once we had decided that was the colour for us!  :D                    

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
What colour???
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2004, 09:08:30 AM »
I was looking at the sable they look kinda  strange id love to see one in the flesh :)

Sable cockers are beautiful - we saw one at Crufts and s/he really stood out. Also, Sarah in Denmark has a friend who shows and breeds sable cockers - hopefully she can provide a link to some photos :D                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
What colour???
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2004, 01:47:54 PM »
I have a blue roan :D

Black and white, will be next chosed colour, if I can find one :?                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
What colour???
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2004, 01:50:08 PM »
You can see some pictures of Sable cockers here http://w1.457.telia.com/~u45710745/ if you look down the menu on the left there are all different colours to have a look at  :)