Author Topic: Embarrassing Problem  (Read 2519 times)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Embarrassing Problem
« on: August 25, 2004, 10:06:46 PM »
Molo has fixated on my arm as the perfect object to express his raging hormones on....he humps it at every opportunity, and quite frankly, its a bit disconcerting, not to mention embarrassing when he does it in public (like puppy class) :rolleyes:

Currently I am distracting him, and moving my arm away each time it happens, but it has slowly got to the point over the past week where I can't even put his food bowl down let alone have a cuddle without his little tail going for it   ;)

He occasionally humps a cuddly toy, but it seems to be my arm that really floats his boat!

Will he grow out of it at all, or are these the action of a well balanced, entire male? My OH is starting to get jealous!
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Rusty

• Site Member
Embarrassing Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 11:09:12 PM »
Hi

LOL :D   :D  :D

Sorry for laughing but it was very funny the expression in your post "floats his boat" Rusty likes to attach his-self to my leg, :D  not all the time he does prefer to bite lumps out of his blanket as he humps :P don,t worry to much I'm sure it will pass, he is just testing the boundary line with you as rusty did with us, I'm sure molo will find something more suitable to get jiggy with.... :huh:

Elle & Rusty xx

Offline PennyB

Embarrassing Problem
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 11:20:40 PM »
Ruby used to have a fixation on my trousers or the duvet—every time I tried to put a pair of trousers on she's grab the bottom of them and hump away or I couldn't change a duvet cover without her attached to it! She still humps Wilf but thats all about female domination LOL.

With Wilf its my arm but its the heavy breathing in my ear that I find disconcerting LOL

My sister had a cat once that had long been neutered that would hump all her cuddly toys until some of them were going bald!
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Embarrassing Problem
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 06:23:16 AM »
:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Alfies favourite choice for humping is a draught excluder in the form of a cat. He sneaks out to the hall where he humps away to his hearts content, straddling the length of the body and biting away at the ears (talk about knowing what its all about from an early age :)  )

He does stop when I tell him no  - for all of 5 mins, then he sneaks off to do it again :)

He also seems to get attached to mens shoes - unfortunately when they are being worn  :lol:  

How do you stop it - dont have a clue but I remember it was something Gunnar used to do a lot as a pup but grew out off untill a bitch came into season

Caroline and Alfie

Offline Tracey J

• Site Member
Embarrassing Problem
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 07:53:02 AM »
My neighbour has a 14 week old bichon frises (is that how you spell it??) whose sole mission in life is to mount every dog it can reach.  ALL THE TIME!  He just doesn't stop!!!  A lot of dogs at training classes are getting very cross with him and his owner's quite concerned that one (or more) will turn on him eventually.  Molly's too soft to tell him off, she just whimpers and runs a mile when she sees him :lol:  :lol: .    
Tracey, Molly &  little brother Brodie!

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
Embarrassing Problem
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 08:02:14 AM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  (sorry)

God know's why they suddenly become 'humping maniacs'.  Piper is just the worst during her 'send aways' at dog class - where she does the most excellent one and then finishes with a humping flourish   :rolleyes:

She was speyed a couple of weeks ago and within 24 hours was feeling well enough to have a go at her big teddy again ;)  

She also likes Charlie's arm from time to time.  Sorry don't know how to stop it we just live with it (and the associated embarrassment) in our house : :lol:

Louise
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Embarrassing Problem
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 08:05:45 AM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  (sorry)

God know's why they suddenly become 'humping maniacs'.  Piper is just the worst during her 'send aways' at dog class - where she does the most excellent one and then finishes with a humping flourish   :rolleyes:

She was speyed a couple of weeks ago and within 24 hours was feeling well enough to have a go at her big teddy again ;)  

She also likes Charlie's arm from time to time.  Sorry don't know how to stop it we just live with it (and the associated embarrassment) in our house : :lol:

Louise

I'm killing myself laughing at send aways with a humping flourish!!!
 :D  :D  
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
Embarrassing Problem
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004, 08:55:00 AM »

My sister had a cat once that had long been neutered that would hump all her cuddly toys until some of them were going bald!
Brilliant :P  :P  

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline Tracey J

• Site Member
Embarrassing Problem
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2004, 09:35:29 AM »
Piper is just the worst during her 'send aways' at dog class - where she does the most excellent one and then finishes with a humping flourish 

:lol:  :lol: Your description is so funny :lol:  :lol:  

Molly has never done this so no doubt all my embarrassment will come with Brodie :blink: .  Why do some bitches do this too?
Tracey, Molly &  little brother Brodie!

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
Embarrassing Problem
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2004, 10:37:32 AM »
Woody is now 19 weeks and no sign of this behaviour.  Does this mean I have this joy to look forward to?!   :lol:  
Jo, Woody\'s owner

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
Embarrassing Problem
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2004, 10:38:21 AM »
Woody is now 19 weeks and no sign of this behaviour.  Does this mean I have this joy to look forward to?!   :lol:  
Jo, Woody\'s owner

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
Embarrassing Problem
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2004, 01:01:59 PM »
Cindy used to like my arm, but you always knew when she was feeling randy because she licked your ear before hand. I never did get her to stop it, but I started to predict what was about to happen, so averting a rude problem at inconvenient times!  :P  
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
Embarrassing Problem
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2004, 01:16:02 PM »
Woody is now 19 weeks and no sign of this behaviour.  Does this mean I have this joy to look forward to?!   :lol:
Jo, humping mania may be but a few months away for you yet  :lol:

Can't remember exactly what age Piper started to do it - probably around 9-10 months, but she's taken the time to perfect it beautifully by the age of 16 months or so  :rolleyes:

She has refrained thus far from having a go at any of our visitors  - it can only be a matter of time   :)

Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
Embarrassing Problem
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2004, 01:40:55 PM »
Quote from: JoHarborne,Aug 26 2004, 09:38 AM

Not necessarily, Frankie is now 2 years old & has been used at stud but has never ever done this to anybody or anything other than a bitch is season  :)
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

lynseyloo

Embarrassing Problem
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2004, 01:41:34 PM »
well I now have humping envy!  :lol:

Jessie doesn't hump! never really has, there might have been an odd time, but nope, she's definately not into it... poor girl  :lol:  :lol:

Poppy on the other hand.. oh boy hubby only has to leave his arm there for a second and shes actin all coy and like he started it and she didn't.  :lol: it's these times I get reminded that they are MY dogs.. :lol: