Author Topic: Injections Future?  (Read 1366 times)

Offline wendy

• Site Member
    • http://www.luthame.net
Injections Future?
« on: September 07, 2004, 07:20:12 AM »
Hi   Finley seems fine today his lively self, however he was a little sick this morning  - so I can rule out the car journey, his motions are a little soft too - does anyone think it was the experience of getting hurt at the vets with the injection that could have caused this effect so could it be the injection itself- I am now really worried about future injectons of this nature - I am not sure about the yearly booster - know people whos dogs have become very very ill and people who dogs have died - I understand there is an homopathic alternative - can anyone shed any light on this???
Visit our new website
www.luthame.net

Dogs leave paw prints on your heart

ziggy

Injections Future?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 08:14:23 AM »
morning wendy,glad finley has perked up again ;) although i can,t help with the homeopathic alternative,but i would be interested to know about it,i read once ages ago about a woman who said the injection affected her dog quite badly,and wouldn,t have any future dogs  vaccinated,,a more experienced member can hopefully enlighten ;)  big hug for the little lad,

ziggy,jasper and mabel xxx

Offline Louie

• Limited Member
    • http://www.dreamistcockerspaniels.co.uk
Injections Future?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 09:41:18 AM »
Hi, i lost my little girl at twelve weeks old on the 28th of December last year. She died four days after her vaccination. She was very sleepy and not quite as playful as usual but wasn,t sick and i had know idea until i found her dead in her basket early on Sunday morning how sick she must have been.She had eaten all of her food the previous day and her bowells were working normally can,t tell you how shocked and traumatised i was then and for days after. When i found her i thought that i was having a nightmare and tried to wake myself up then when i realised it was real i  started to scream. Dave ran downstairs and the kids and it was just a horrible experience for us all. Vera had a post mortem which is four pages long which indicated that her heart had probably been damaged after her first vaccination and the second vaccination had caused more damage to her heart and she died from heart failure. I have still carried on having my other dogs vaccinated as i have never had any problems with vaccines before this and feel that not vaccinating your dog is far more dangerous. However i would like to know more about the homeopathic alternatives also. It is so hard to talk about what happened to us and brings back what happened that day and i am feeling very upset now talking about it but also i don,t want to scare anyone and do think that we did the best thing we could for little Vera in having her vaccinated. :(  :(  

ziggy

Injections Future?
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 09:55:30 AM »
oh louie,i am so sorry to read that,what an awful thing to happen to you all :(

it never leaves you does it,i,m really sorry sweety xx

lots of hugs

ziggy jasper and mabel xxx

Offline Birtles

• Site Member
Injections Future?
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 10:10:32 AM »
I feel forced into vaccinations really because if i ever needed to put Luka in a kennel for a few days he would have to have been vaccinated, kennels will not look after your dog/cat if they haven't had their full vaccs, so i see it as compulsory really  :(  

Offline dillydolly

• Site Member
    • http://
Injections Future?
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 11:27:41 AM »
ohh louie i am so sorry to hear about your little one x x x x x x

I have been reading a few threads about vaccinations and from what i can gather they say the nation is over vaccinating there dogs and there is no need for boosters as they are getting over dosed, but saying that i think it is important to vaccinate a puppy, i totally agree with you it is confusing. I phoned up a basset breeder once when we still had dilly just to get some advice and she told me they never vacinate any of there pups they go down the homeapathic route. I also heard that more kennels now are accepting dogs who have gone the homeapathic route.  

Offline Louie

• Limited Member
    • http://www.dreamistcockerspaniels.co.uk
Injections Future?
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 11:50:58 AM »
Yes i agree that all puppies should be vaccinated and i will continue to do so. My oldest girl Tina is seven now and has been boosterd every year along with my other dogs i wonder sometimes especially when they get older could it be to much for them. Tina is still as active as ever and always the first to get the ball when i throw it when we are out in the field, but every year does seem a bit excessive  <_< .

Offline Beano and Charlies mum

• Site Member
    • http://img20.photobucket.com/albums/v60/beanosmum/
Injections Future?
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 12:09:18 PM »
Hi,

There is a lot of controversy (sp) at the moment on how often and if dogs do need an annual booster jab. Intervet one of the manufacturers of booster jabs, have declared on their website that their boosters only need to be renewed every 3 years.However this will not cover the leptospirosis disease, and annual vaccination is recomeneded for this.intervet.

Some good websites for alternative therapy are

canine care group

wholistic animal

Theres also a lady on dogpages.org.uk called Penel who is very knowledgeable with regard to alternative therapies.

Hope some of that helps
Sam

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Injections Future?
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004, 06:56:56 PM »
This was discussed on here a little while ago, you might like to scroll down this as it discusses titre testing which is what I had done for Neneh to find if she needed a full booster

Sue H

Injections Future?
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004, 10:50:46 PM »
I have read lots of stuff about vaccinating, and basically I think it boils down to the fact that whilst some parts of the vaccine are probably long lasting, there are other dangerous and still very prevalent killer-diseases against which there are no long-term antidotes as yet, so the combined vaccines are still the safest option.

It would be good to have some statistics from someone other than a pharmaceutical company, although I have to say that at the Blue Cross our early puppy vaccinations have been altered to give more of a gap between vaccs because of recent findings.

It must be devastating to have a puppy die after vaccinating, just as with the current debate about MMR for children (although mine were done and thankfully had no ill-effects).  The knee-jerk reaction is to not vaccinate, but there are still cases of Parvo virus (we had a local Vet needing isolation for an afflicted dog) which can be a killer ...  could you rest if you thought you had left your dog  vulnerable to that?