Author Topic: Funny Behaviour  (Read 1347 times)

Offline dianej

• Site Member
Funny Behaviour
« on: September 09, 2004, 10:17:14 AM »
Hi All

I wanted to ask if anyone else had experienced their puppy really acting up after a second injection??

Took Jodi yesterday & good as gold at the vets but later when home she went 'Mad!!'

Biting really hard.....could not control her at all.  The biting is really a problem actually. :huh:

She bites the bottom of our trousers when walking & wont let go.......cant ignore her as she carries on........cant not do eye contact as she is not looking at you, the more excited she gets the worse she gets.  We shout NO, but does not seem to make any difference.... :(

Could anyone help as to what to do for the best........getting quite painful for everyone........

Diane

Offline wendy

• Site Member
    • http://www.luthame.net
Funny Behaviour
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 11:30:09 AM »
Hi Diane - don't talk to me about second injection - I am really mad we took Finley on Monday for his second injection within half an hour he was sick he was very subdued and slept for three hours, he was sick again the following morning and now we have runny poo - the injection made Finley sick rather than hyperactive - I suspect it could be the injection - I have a real downer on them now.  Finley bits quite a lot - I have started isolating him everytime the biting is unacceptable - it seems to be doing the trick as he does not bit me so much now.  Finley goes for my trousers too I just keep walking and ignore him - he soon get fed up.  I know that some dogs do not like eye contact - Finley loves it I am able to convey my pleasure or displeasure via my eyes.

Wendy
Visit our new website
www.luthame.net

Dogs leave paw prints on your heart

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
Funny Behaviour
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 01:36:35 PM »
It sounds more like a behavioural problem to me rather than the after effect of the injection.  If she bites your trousers you are saying "No" to her at the moment and by doing so you are responding to her and effectively rewarding her.  I hope that makes sense!

Try to ignore her behaviour and not to respond to her any way when she starts that sort of behaviour (not easy I know).  She is really acting like a normal puppy and inviting you to play with her.
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Funny Behaviour
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 11:12:13 PM »
I had a few days of this about 2 weeks ago (Molo was approx 13 weeks) of not being able to walk around the garden without Molo attached to my ankle - he nipped and chewed and dangled!

Standing very still, with no interaction helped, but then I 'growled' at him, and he let go straight away.

A few days of this - standing still and growling when he was really persistent, and he now only does it when he is 'really really' excited - you can actually see him think about it and and stop himself at times   :lol:

Mind you, I think the neighbours have decided I really have lost the plot...all they can hear is me growling as they can't see what  Molo is doing from over the fence, just me  :rolleyes:
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

ziggy

Funny Behaviour
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 08:04:22 AM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol: that really tickled me,had a vision of you standing in the garden growling,mabe,s is doing that to me at the moment,but i can,t help but laugh,i,m shaking my leg,and she,s still hanging on,i have an elastic lace at the bottom of my trousers,with a plastic nobble on it,she got it and as i went to walk away,she still had it in her mouth,when she let go,it pinged back into  my ankle,it really hurt :blink:i,ve done the growly thing before and it does work,will have to start growling again, :lol:  

Offline dianej

• Site Member
Funny Behaviour
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 10:24:45 AM »

Cheers everyone

I shall try that.........made me giggle that, but defintaely worth a go.

She has quietened down alot this last night & today so far, although still like to have a bite when gets excited.  Mind you probably becasue she is not eating as her worming powder is in her food so now trying to find something tasty to put in her food so she will eat!!

Thanks again guys

Diane   ;)  

Offline dillydolly

• Site Member
    • http://
Funny Behaviour
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 10:43:47 PM »
he he he i growl at zorro to and it seems to work a treat

Offline PennyB

Funny Behaviour
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2004, 01:19:15 AM »
I growl at mine too as it's always worked better than yelping loudly—the low simmering growl works best in our house.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Funny Behaviour
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2004, 09:28:57 AM »
I shout a Nell in a growly voice if she ignores me, and won't come on recall. :rolleyes: it usualy works every time, its a bit embarrasing though, if anyones around.

edited to add... Nells four now, and still tries it on.  :rolleyes:  
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~