Author Topic: Singing  (Read 1911 times)

Offline patriciac

• Site Member
Singing
« on: December 01, 2004, 01:50:50 PM »
:o please  please help nelson sings to every bit of music he hears so xmas will be a problem  what with carol singers and tv i also have 9 week black called winston and i dont wont the same trouble  

Offline Woody's Mum

• Site Member
  • ''The dog is the god of frolic''
Singing
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 01:53:58 PM »
I suggest ear plugs .. and a large bottle of vodka to get you through the Christmas period!!     :D  
With Love, Toni & Woody xx

www.myspace.com/tonitee

tracee

Singing
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 02:14:03 PM »
:D ours burst in to song the same time everyday we have no idea what it is that sets them of but something does :lol:
      at least what ever it is that sets them off only happens once a day  :D
                                  tracee xxxx
                         (poor you) :D

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
Singing
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 02:37:32 PM »
Tracee - Mine do the same :o  - at roughly 2 in the afternoon!!! WHether we are there or not! Do you think it is a ritual thing to clear out the cobwebs??
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Singing
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 04:23:44 PM »
Cooper sings if you don't answer the phone quickly enough. After about the fourth ring he starts the most horrendous howling  :rolleyes:  :D  
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

tracee

Singing
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 05:47:03 PM »
clare- thats about the same time as our lot start  may-be there talking to each other  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
                                   tracee xxxx

Offline Jessica's Mum

• Site Member
    • http://
Singing
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2004, 07:58:59 PM »
Jessica sings if she's not getting enough attention!

It's like 'How dare you ignore me!' :unsure:  
Jackie and Jessica

sweetie

Singing
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2004, 10:14:57 PM »
I suggest ear plugs .. and a large bottle of vodka to get you through the Christmas period!!     :D
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
and the party you are gonna have,,joe cocker was never that loud!!!!! was he,??

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

Offline Georgie

• Site Member
Singing
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2004, 02:16:09 PM »
Jessica sings if she's not getting enough attention!

It's like 'How dare you ignore me!' :unsure:

Bailey's like that too!
From Georgie and Bailey xxx

Offline patriciac

• Site Member
Singing
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2004, 07:43:35 PM »
:D many thanks for your email re singing nelson doesnt sing for attenshion he just loves to sing he sings to any music cd or tv or radio so we sit with mute button ready for the tv and play cd when he is out love patricia c  

Offline lorri

• Site Member
Singing
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2004, 10:00:12 PM »
Ha Ha..Jarvis does the same sings to the direct line advert on the telly..He likes the phone..also the alarm clock..It amuses us no end.

Lorraine

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
Singing
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2004, 05:14:20 PM »
Tee-hee.  

Where I live I have neighbours close, so I have to train Storm to be quiet, if someone comes to the door mostly she just does a quiet, muffled woof, looks at me sheepishly, and is then quiet  :)   I just whispered quiet to her if i heard something, and praised her no end if she didnt bark loudly, or was quiet quickly.  (Helped to have a heap of treats handy)  Maybe you could do a similar thing, keep exposing him to the noise, and work to make him quiet?  

Storm howls if that Britney Spears 'Toxic' song comes on the tv/radio.  First time she heard it, she grumbled and barked because she didnt like it, and I have kind of encouraged her becuase I approved of her taste in music, bad me  :P

sportsmonki

Offline patriciac

• Site Member
Singing
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2004, 01:14:47 PM »
:D THANK YOU FOR YOUR EMAIL RE NELSON I WILL TRY ANYTHING TO STOP HIM HAS I HAVE A10 WEEK OLD BLACK AND I DOENT WONT HIM TH SAME LOVE PATRICIA C

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
Singing
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2004, 03:23:02 PM »
Your Welcome  :)   Good Luck with it...I hope rewarding Nelson for the behaviour you want works for him as well as it did for Storm.  

Let us know  ;)

sportsmonki

Sue H

Singing
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2004, 06:49:21 PM »
I haven't actually heard Bramble sing, but Barley has a favourite piece of music that never fails to stir her into her diva mode ...It is the first part of Schubert's Trout Quintet (I think they used it for the title music for 'Waiting for God' on TV.  When the violins come in, she just puckers up and sings - what is more disturbing is that mostly she sings in tune ....

She has been know to sing with some of Ravel's 'Bolero' - nothing else seems to stir her into action like old Schubert though (you'd think they would prefer Bach;Joe Cocker;KC/DC; Beethoven (?!) Barkok; come on, lets have some more !!!