Author Topic: Megan, Cora And Nora  (Read 7222 times)

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2005, 12:30:04 AM »
 :blink:
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2005, 12:40:53 AM »
I agree Jane, that I don't think Sylvia intends all three to go to one home.
As Sylvia is very busy, the best way to get in touch with her is either email via her site, or by phone early evening.
Good luck girls!!
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline tracey

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2005, 07:03:40 AM »
It breaks your heart to see those photo's and read the stories of those dogs in rescue :(
I started to read the spoof interview with the puppy farmer....I didn't get very far as it was so sad and so true :angry:

I hope those girls get new homes soon.
Tracey
http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk

Love All
Trust A Few
Do Wrong To None
William Shakespeare

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2005, 09:45:41 AM »
Poor Girls, what an awful life they've had  :(  i hope they get that special forever home soon, they deserve the best after all they've been through.  
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2005, 02:22:22 PM »
Megan now appears to be named Nelly, and all the dogs are moving up the page. Nelly is now on previous page.

Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2005, 07:01:43 PM »
It breaks my heart to see their lovely little faces....and then I look at my little Lottie and wish I could give these girls a loving home.

I hope they find kind and caring forever homes soon.

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2005, 07:23:33 PM »
I know what you mean Sheila, I've been thinking about these girls, since it was first posted. How can people treat animals like that, they are truly disgusting. I  told OH about them, he said it was terrible but we are not in a position  to help them :( I just hope someone can take them and show them some love and compassion.

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline daunting

• Site Member
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2005, 03:46:12 PM »
Just been looking around DP and Many Tears have got another ex puppy farm cocker in - Annie a 3yr old black and white. :(

Hold me back - i live too way to close - not really ready yet for another one but its so hard resisting the urge to have one or two or all... how hard it would be to choose.
Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
    • BusyPaws Dogwalking & Pet Care
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2005, 06:26:52 PM »
Hi there!

I phoned Many Tears today (I think it was Sylvia I spoke to - what a lovely lady).

The (now 4) Cocker girls are all still there waiting on there forever homes.  :(

All three sisters are still there, and will be getting spayed next week.  She says that all three are absolutely adoreable and with time will be fantastic.  They are so placid around people and other dogs, she has placed them with cats to check that out and as they have never seen a cat before they didn't know what to make of them - so just stared at them!  Didn't make any effort to chase or growl at them so that is another good sign.  :)

The 3 sisters have not been bred as much as the new girl Annie - her teats are much bigger, so even though she is much younger, has been "farmed" intensively.  As a result, she is very withdrawn - and seems to have just "given up".  Even whilst being micro chipped, she didn't even flinch.  It is as though she has just lost the will.  Given lots of love and attention over time, that can be resolved.  :D

I have said that I am very interested in taking on one of these fantastic girls despite the 800 mile round trip that it will entail!  

Sylvia was really nice and said because of the distance involved I was welcome to stay in her spare room for the night to break the journey.  :D

Or, if someone else from Scotland was interested in one of the other dogs currently in Many Tears I could share the journey/petrol with them!  :D

Any offers!?  ;)  

Aileen & Beau xx

Chasing your tail gets you nowhere ... 'cept back to where you started

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2005, 06:37:46 PM »
As a result, she is very withdrawn - and seems to have just "given up".  Even whilst being micro chipped, she didn't even flinch.  It is as though she has just lost the will.  Given lots of love and attention over time, that can be resolved.  :D

:( Aw Tiggerbabe - that brought tears to my eyes, those poor little mites.  :(

I admire you travelling such a long way and wish you good luck, hope things go well for you x  :)  
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2005, 06:43:36 PM »
Thanks!

I have not been able to get these girls out of my head since they were first posted on Many Tears website.

I woke up several times the other night just worrying about the poor souls - I know, I need to get a grip!!  :rolleyes:

Somebody slap me quick!  :D  
Aileen & Beau xx

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2005, 06:47:12 PM »
Aw I can understand that - I would be just the same.  Would be so lovely if you could have one of them x  :)  
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2005, 06:50:27 PM »
Oh, I forgot to say, one of the girls is sharing a basket with Katie the Westie - she has her own basket, but just wants a cuddle from a friend by the sounds of it!  ;)  
Aileen & Beau xx

scoobie

Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2005, 07:18:55 PM »
Tiggerbabe your an absolute angel and where would those lovely girls be without people like you and a lot of other angels on here and out there who adopt and foster those poor unloved dogs..I tell you if I wasn't at the other end of the country I'd drive you there myself ;)  Good luck and please keep us posted :D  

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2005, 07:44:24 PM »
I have just phoned Many Tears again to re-iterate my interest in one of these girls.

But, unfortunately (again!!) as I do not have a well fenced garden, I cannot be considered to give one of them a home.   :(

I live in a little village right slap bang in the middle of beautiful countryside, lochs and hills, but unfortunately, I live in a block of 4 houses and we all share a lawn at the front and back of the buildings.

Therefore, I am not able to offer one of these girls a home as they are too scared to go to the toilet on a lead and need a private piece of garden that is well secured and quiet for them to get used to going out on grass, and a lead to do "what comes naturally".

I am absolutely destroyed.......this is now my 3rd let down in a row....  :(

I think I will have to remove Many Tears from my favourites as it will break my heart to keep checking the dogs on there.

:(

Aileen & Beau xx