Author Topic: Megan, Cora And Nora  (Read 7224 times)

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2005, 10:47:24 PM »
I know this must be hard for you, I'm sorry :(
But please don't take it personal the decision that Many Tears have made, they have such a hard job in rehoming these dog's, they have to make sure the dog get's the best home for him/her, I'm not saying you would not give one of these girls a wonderful home, but given their past history I think it would be crucial for the dog to have their own garden so they can settle down.

Don't give up hope, a cocker spaniel is worth waiting for however long! :)  

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2005, 10:52:33 PM »
:( Aw thats a shame Tiggerbabe -   It must be very disappointing for you, but I can understand what Many Tears are saying.

There is a cocker out there for you I'm sure, keep positive!  :)  
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2005, 01:29:05 AM »
Hi,
I feel really sorry that you were unable to be accepted for one of these three, especially as I brought them to your attention.
The garden thing was one of the most important things in my assessment from the RSPCA when we got Tia. They wanted somewhere secure to insure against wandering doggie as they didn't want to rehome the same dog twice.
Sylvia does care passionately for her dogs, and was almost trying to persuade me against Jack, I think to test my commitment (even though we'd already driven 200 miles!).
Well done for considering the journey. I had been so hopeful as I read your post. I share, in a small way, your disappointment!
Take care,

Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2005, 04:46:49 PM »
:( Ohh I so wish I hadn't looked at that site!  It makes you realise thats just one small rescue thats taking in ex-breeding bitches.  The state they are arriving in, just makes me so angry, that this is allowed to happen in the year 2005 :angry:  

Why is this issue, never dealt with by the government?

Tiggerbabe, so sorry you missed out :(  I can see their point of view, but I also believe that you can have a dog and give it love, kindness and a loving home without having a garden :)

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
    • BusyPaws Dogwalking & Pet Care
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2005, 05:30:13 PM »
Thanks Mrsbojangles!

I can totally see Many Tears point of view and I am glad that she takes the stance that she does.  I didn't think about the garden thing as I was more worried about house training them and introducing them gradually to the outside world.

I too agree that you don't necessarily need to have a garden to be able to offer love and a good forever home to "abandoned" or rescue dogs.  If that was the case no-one living in built up areas would have a dog!  :rolleyes:

I live in the middle of absolutely gorgeous countryside and although I don't have the garden, I have plenty of time and energy to give them all the walks that a new dog would need.

Hopefully, if my dogwalking business takes off that will be even more the case!  ;)

I am not giving up hope by any means - the right dog will come along someday and you guys will be first to hear about it when it happens!

Thanks to you all for your help and encouraging words.  :)

Aileen & Beau xx

Chasing your tail gets you nowhere ... 'cept back to where you started

Offline PennyB

Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2005, 05:33:37 PM »
In the north of England cocker rescue do get in more than the southern region, so have you thought of contacting them.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
    • BusyPaws Dogwalking & Pet Care
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2005, 05:45:01 PM »
I was thinking that last night as I already have the 2 CSC ladies in Southern Scotland looking out for me  ;)  I was not sure if Northern England would have more coming in or not so I was going to phone and ask.

They could always get one of the Scottish ladies to do a housecheck on me if needed.  

I will contact them on Monday (I supposed they need weekend time to themselves too!!  :D )

Hopefully, I will get there in then end.  :rolleyes:  
Aileen & Beau xx

Chasing your tail gets you nowhere ... 'cept back to where you started

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2005, 05:50:24 PM »
Does it have to be a cocker?  I know a site for springer spaniel rescue :rolleyes:  

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2005, 07:44:38 PM »
:( 
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

scoobie

Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2005, 09:25:23 PM »
Tiggerbabe you must have felt gutted :( never mind keep on searching and when the times right you will find your cocker

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2005, 04:36:21 PM »
What a shame for you and for one of those lovely girls. I was getting so excited to think that you might be able to rehome one of them.

Keep searching and the perfect cocker for you will be along soon :)  

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2005, 04:45:50 PM »
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it but Many Tears also have a black and white bitch (? Could be light blue roan, I'm not that good with cocker colours), Annie.

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2005, 04:52:25 PM »
Awwww......she looks gorgeous...doesnt she have a lovely gentle face :)

WIsh I had room for them all

Offline Cayley

• Site Member
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2005, 06:38:12 PM »
Annies a babe  :D , you can see her little expression as if to say what have I done to end up here  :( . She is beautiful  :wub: .
Cayley.

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
Megan, Cora And Nora
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2005, 07:35:45 PM »
OMG isn't Many Tears just the most appropriate name. I can't help but be in tears every time I visit that site. All 4 of those cockers look so sad and yet so loveable. And the other dogs too. :(

If I had time, room and money I'd have them all. I hope thay all find the most fabulous homes very soon.
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.