Author Topic: Many Tears Rescue  (Read 4758 times)

Offline lindsey

• Site Member
    • Soroden Cockers
Many Tears Rescue
« on: February 02, 2005, 06:41:10 PM »
Me and one of my colleagues at work are going up to Many tears rescue at the end of this month or beginning of next month, to take up dog food, blankets, towels, shredded paper, collars, leads, worming tablets and flea treatment.  If any one has anything they would like to give to the little woofers, I am in the Petersfield area and could either collect items if you are local or you could drop them off.  

Just thought it would be nice to give them something, as we are not in a position to give any of them a home unfortunately :(  
Lindsey, Sophie, Rosie, Molly, Gypsy, Aimee, Harry and Ellie

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Many Tears Rescue
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 06:51:48 PM »
Hi Lindsey,
That's great! Well done you!  B) I'm sure all that stuff will be extremely welcome there.
Cheers,
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Many Tears Rescue
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 07:50:24 PM »
:) Lindsey - what a lovely idea.  If you would'nt mind me having your address by pm I would be happy to mail you a parcel x  :)  
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
Many Tears Rescue
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 08:01:52 PM »
x
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline PennyB

Many Tears Rescue
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 08:43:11 AM »
There's also a note on their thread on dp for help with wormers etc.

"Because Many Tears Rescue takes many ex puppy farm dogs, our vet bills are extensive! Please, if you go to your vet, buy a packet of Stronghold, Frontline, or some Drontal Plus Wormer for these poor dogs, as they come in so needing to be wormed and de-fleaed, which is all very expensive!! (This treatment will help make them regain their health and feel well and happy quicker)."

or e-mail on sw.vanatta@virgin.net

Many Tears Animal Rescue can be found at

Cwmlogin House,

Cefniethin,

Llanelli,

Camarthen,

SA14 7HB

[Note I believe you can get some of these things cheaper than the vets if you buy online; can't remember where though]
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline s baxter

• Site Member
    • http://
Many Tears Rescue
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 10:00:01 AM »
www.wormers.co.uk, i think were good for that sort of stuff
sue baxter and Alfie

Sue H

Many Tears Rescue
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2005, 08:01:59 PM »
In response to Luvly's post, volunteers of ANY sort are always welcome at the Blue Cross (although you need to attend an interview/H&S induction etc to work in the Kennels especially) but grooming is a very important part of the dogs' lives because it involves one-on-one and also touching areas which may be difficult for the dog to tolerate at first because it has been unused to this luxury !!

We all are probably used to slopping about on the couch, floor or in bed and fondling our dogs' paws, tummy, face etc., but a lot of so called 'rescue' dogs come from homes where they are not given that sort of attention, and are obviously wary of being touched in what most dogs consider vulnerable areas ... Grooming, when done in a calm and secure way, helps the dogs realise that they are not going to be hurt or tormented etc. and is a really good way to give a dog a treat !!

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Many Tears Rescue
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2005, 09:08:42 PM »
I sent them some stuff on Monday, Billy had lots of things brand new never used from when he was a puppy. I bought some toys and chews at weekend  from pets at home which i sent in the parcel too.

I have e mailed sylvia asking what in particular they need at the moment. As soon as i receive a reply I will post on here. ;)

I have banned myself from the many tears web page, I always come off it very upset and angry  :(  :( . Sending a parcel made me feel al little bit better, felt as though i was doing a little bit to help.

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
Many Tears Rescue
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 08:15:54 PM »
i have received a reply from sylvia, she has not said what specific items she needs so I have asked her again.

She said she has a bad week coming up as "another 9 are coming in to many tears"  :o  :o  :o  :o  I don't know if she means cockers or a mixture of breeds but either way it is just too sad.

thank god for people like Sylvia  :(  :(  

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Many Tears Rescue
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2005, 11:20:12 PM »
Hi,
In my experience Sylvia can be a bit preoccupied when busy. I think you can assume she wants anything from worming stuff to old towels!
Cheers,
Mary P

Thanks!

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Many Tears Rescue
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2005, 08:22:41 AM »
I can't help but go to the Many Tears site to look, but I agree, I feel so sad when I've looked. I wish I had the room for a couple more.

It's so great that there are caring people around who will take care of all these poor dogs who having served a purpose on a puppy farm are no use any more. It makes me so angry that people can treat a dog that way.

I know I shouldn't go and look, but I do feel really happy when I see the dogs going from the pages and know that they have found a new, loving home.

Offline lindsey

• Site Member
    • Soroden Cockers
Many Tears Rescue
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2005, 07:05:11 PM »
Thanks very much Sue for the parcel it arrived this morning, I'm sure they are going to love them.  I will let you know when we drop them off and then you can see if you can spot the collars on any of the pictures!!! :)  
Lindsey, Sophie, Rosie, Molly, Gypsy, Aimee, Harry and Ellie

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Many Tears Rescue
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2005, 07:09:22 PM »
:) Lindsey - you are very welcome.  Please give those little ones lots of love from us xxx :wub:  
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Many Tears Rescue
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2005, 08:13:04 PM »
Many Tears have had a rough day with 22 new inmates (no cockers).
Look on DP. She needs anything that anyone could send.
Mary P

Thanks!

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Many Tears Rescue
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2005, 08:41:17 PM »
22?? Oh no that is so sad. All those poor dogs.

I've just got to go to the site and look and see what they need.