Author Topic: Sophie Is Here!  (Read 8891 times)

Offline lynnebr

• Site Member
Sophie Is Here!
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2005, 02:45:44 PM »
Congratulations :D  :D  :D , sounds as though Sophie is having a ball as well as you. Hope everything continues well. She will settle in and become part of the family and more at ease with the cat. Pics asap. Might even see you out on walks. :)  
Lynne and Mya xx

Offline lindsey

• Site Member
    • Soroden Cockers
Sophie Is Here!
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2005, 05:47:06 PM »
Really pleased she seems to be settling in well after your long wait :)  
Lindsey, Sophie, Rosie, Molly, Gypsy, Aimee, Harry and Ellie

Offline paddys mum

• Site Member
Sophie Is Here!
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2005, 06:09:02 PM »
It sounds like she has been well worth the wait! She definately sounds a character and Im sure you ll have plenty of fun times to come.  :D  ;)
Nicola
Nicola, Grace & Paddy xxx

tracee

Sophie Is Here!
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2005, 06:58:31 PM »
congratulations :D  :D  :D and she's a black&white (envy,envy) :lol:  :lol:  

Offline nellie

• Site Member
    • http://
Sophie Is Here!
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2005, 10:20:55 PM »
Congratulations Tiggerbabe on the arrival of Sophie. She sounds an absolute peach and I`m sure it won`t be long till she`s settled in and feels right at home.  Have lots of fun together. :D
[size=8]Rachael & Bonnie x[/size][/font]

Offline Becky

• Site Member
    • http://
Sophie Is Here!
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2005, 10:44:46 PM »
What lovely news.  We've all had our fingers crossed for you.  So glad it's going well. :D  
Love Becky, Danny and Ollie!

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Sophie Is Here!
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2005, 10:49:54 PM »
:) How has today gone Tiggerbabe?

Big hugs for Sophie x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Sophie Is Here!
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2005, 09:45:33 AM »
:D Awww only just caught this, as the broadband lines where down yesterday :angry:

Sophie sounds adorable :wub:  I am soo pleased that all seems to be going well!   Looking forward to hearing more about her progress :)   Well done you! B)

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
    • BusyPaws Dogwalking & Pet Care
Sophie Is Here!
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2005, 10:07:02 AM »
Morning!

Well - everything still seems to be going well.  The cat is venturing out a bit more and still no "nasty outbursts"!!  :D

We have tried putting a clothes horse in front of the kitchen door (to act as a gate) so that she can go in and get her dinner without Sophie stealing it! But I will have to buy a proper gate, as the cat is 12 and I don't want her having to jump up high to get her dinner, so I will have to continue to leave it on the kitchen floor.  :rolleyes:

Went a lovely long walk with Sophie and Paul yesterday to some local woodland - but it started lashing with rain so we all got soaked!!  When we came home Sophie got dried off with the hairdryer - and she was great with that!  She has been to Crufts so is used to getting showered, dried etc!   ;)

My God those muddy Cocker feet can cause havoc!  I have now learned to close the bedroom door PRIOR to going out for a walk so that I can dry her off before she leaps onto the bed for a roll about!!  :lol:    

One more peeing incident last night in the living room this time - just outside the kitchen door.  Whisked her outside!  I have been giving her a small treat (a single piece of Iams) when she does pee outside and saying that she is a good girl etc.  So hopefully that will resolve itself with time.

I bought her a car harness yesterday too - but she is a dream traveller - she just goes to sleep within minutes!  

I am still worried about how clingy she is - I can't move anywhere without her following me.  Having had a dog with separation anxiety before - I feel that these maybe worrying signs of thing to come!!  

I would welcome any help on how I can try to resolve this.  I am getting her crate today from the breeder as tomorrow will be her first time left alone - I am dreading it!!

:(  
Aileen & Beau xx

Chasing your tail gets you nowhere ... 'cept back to where you started

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Sophie Is Here!
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2005, 10:16:15 AM »

I would welcome any help on how I can try to resolve this.:(
Ok, heres a few tips I followed with my rescue GSD!

When your leaving the room or going out anywhere, don't say anything to her, touch her or even look at her, yes I know its hard :blink:   Practice leaving the room for 5 mins at a time through the day, gradually build up the time according to her progress :)   You can then start to put your coat on, and leave the room, then pop back in a minute later then prolong the time, till your actually going to leave the house, when you do leave the house, hang around for a bit and see if you can hear any noise, each time you leave prolong the time.  When you return, don't make a fuss of her (yeah another hard thing to do) don't go straight to her, pop the kettle on and maybe go to another room, for a couple of mins before going to her!

Hope this helps, i'm sure she willbe fine :)

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
Sophie Is Here!
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2005, 10:24:17 AM »
Thanks for that!  Every bit of info I can get will be great.  

She could shock me and be great when left in her crate on her own - but my luck is not that good!!  :(

Is there a particular place in the house that it would be best to leave her crate when I am out?  Is it better in the living/dining room where we spend most time, or in the bedroom where it is quiet?  :huh:

She slept on my bed again last night - but this time I made sure that she slept ast my feet and not cuddling into me on the pillow all night!  Got up at 6.30am and took her out for a 30 min walk - it had been snowing, so I got the chance to use her Weatherbeeta coat that I got from Ebay!!!  :D

She looked really cute!!  :lol:

Aileen & Beau xx

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Sophie Is Here!
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2005, 10:29:27 AM »
:) Sounds like you are doing great Tiggerbabe.  If she is used to her crate I'm sure she will be fine and it will probably help to settle her too.

Good luck, we are thinking of you both - lots of love and hugs for Sophie x  :D  
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Sophie Is Here!
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2005, 10:30:37 AM »
I don't think it matters much where you leave her crate, I always leave a radio on quite low though, its just something my mum has always done for her dogs and I have just followed it :D  

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
Sophie Is Here!
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2005, 10:33:53 AM »
I was thinking of the radio too - undecided at the moment whether she is a Radio One girl or a more sedate Radio Scotland!!

:lol:

By the way - she has fantastic snoring capabilities!

She is just soooooo adoreable that I really hope the crate thing goes ok cos apart from that she has been great!

Going out for another walk again soon as the sun is shining - but it is absolutely freezing!
Aileen & Beau xx

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Sophie Is Here!
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2005, 10:36:52 AM »
:) Need some piccy's pleeeease !   :D  
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"