Author Topic: Grass And Urine  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Juel

• Site Member
Grass And Urine
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2005, 09:19:34 PM »
Hi folks,

Yep i've had the same problems with yellow grass  :rolleyes: .......firstly we put railings aroung our patio to keep  <Honey> & Harvey off the main lawn......we are lucky & have a big patio so we raised  an area & turfed it for their doggie loo.
It worked well but over the winter it's become a mud bath & i'm sick of mopping the kitchen floor so this week we've dug up the remaining grass & have layed astro-turf,i was really worried that it'd look awful but it looks really good & Harvey uses it (i was worried 'cus he only usually poo's on grass!!)......sorted!!!!! :D  :D

I was told about the tomato juice/sauce & tried it with Honey.....it didn't work for us though & i've always worried that it could have been that that started her liver problems off  :(.....since loosing Honey our grass got no better so i guess dogs are the same as bitches ???? he does stoop though bless him & he's been castrated too!!!

It's hard to keep a nice garden & dogs but they're worth it eeh!!!!!

luv juels & Harvey xxx

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Grass And Urine
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2005, 10:14:00 PM »
Saying that he still does not wee and poo outside the garden, we go for a walk and he waits until we get back.  Does anyone else's dog/bitch do this?  Must have some strong muscles to hold on that long - wish I could.

Wendy
[snapback]103394[/snapback]

Lottie used to do this too, she would never go outside the garden. Gradually as she got older she started to do wees when out on our walks and very occasionally she will do a poo now too. She was about 8 or 9 months before we would do this though. I couldn't understand why, she even had Goldie to copy and she copies her with every thing else :) I guess it's just a growing up thing :lol:

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Grass And Urine
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2005, 10:22:01 PM »
I read once that it is the nitrogen in the urine that causes the grass the die.
Using tomato juice can work, but it is because it makes the dog drink more and so the urine is more diluted.
I don't know how healthy it is, I assume it is the salt content that makes them drink more :unsure:

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
Grass And Urine
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2005, 10:11:28 PM »
We have 2 girls and have used greenums since we had our lawn laid especially for them  ;)  When we first moved here the back garden was ALL gravel.
We wanted pooches so swapped the gravel for a beautiful lawn. We didnt let the pups on it for 3/4 months when it was first laid (so it could have the best start). SO about a year ago we netted our borders off and let them on it.
We thought the greenums would stop the patches so they have had them EVERY DAY since.
Well I am very disappointed in them...we have a lawn that looks like anyone elses lawn who has bitches :(  I dont think they work at all and wouldnt recommend them to anyone. They are quite expensive  but we didnt mind that if they saved our lawn, they didnt so when we have finished the bottle we are not buying any more.
If we see the lawn get worse then we may introduce them but it is pretty bad so am not expecting to have to do this.

Cheers

Jane

edited to correct poor spelling

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Grass And Urine
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2005, 10:23:22 PM »
we've dug up the remaining grass & have layed astro-turf
:unsure: I've often wondered about this - was it easy to lay?
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline andrea

• Site Member
    • http://
Grass And Urine
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2005, 07:43:01 PM »
We tried the Greenums and noticed a big improvement to grass staining. If only I could stop her digging up the plants though! :blink:

Andrea & Bleu