Author Topic: Christmas Tree  (Read 8099 times)

Offline Mightyjoe

• Site Member
    • http://www.byphotos.com/album/780383
Christmas Tree
« on: December 06, 2004, 08:34:23 AM »
Well this is Oscars first Christmas and was worried that Oscar would destroy the tree as he like to destroy any mail we get. Well so far so good, he has not attacked it yet. He seems to find it relaxing, likes to lie next to it but I will be keeping an eye on him, he has only been left for a few hours so far, will see how it goes on Tuesday when he is on his own for 4 hrs.  I don’t think we will put the presents under the tree, as I know he will rip them open.

Well good luck to all of you if this is your first year with a dog and a tree.

David, Sharon & Oscar

Oscar Pics    Oscar in Scotland

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
Christmas Tree
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 08:37:40 AM »
Goodness! You are brave  :lol: I've not even dared put my tree up yet as this is my Oscar's first Christmas too. And I don't think I'll let him stay in the same room as it when I'm not there at all  :lol:  It would be a disaster!!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Offline Stephen L

• Site Member
Christmas Tree
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 08:46:56 AM »
It's Spruce's first christmas with us and probably the first time he has seen a tree. We put our tree up on friday night and so far he has just sniffed at the base and nudged a few of the baubles with his nose and made them swing a bit.
Although this morning I have found bits of silver tinsel on the rug, problem is the silver tinsel is at the top of the tree :huh:

Spruce is more afraid of the illuminated snowman figure at the house round the corner, he just stands there and stares at it for a few moments then runs off.
Why does my cocker lick my ears?
Don't know, is it because I shout here boy?

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
Christmas Tree
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 09:02:15 AM »
I was reading in my mag about a lab who ate tinsel 2 baubels and a pack of drawing pins!!!! He ended up having an op but managed to pass some of the drawing pins naturally! :blink:

So keep anything 'swallowable' as far away from pooch as you can!!! Especially nell, barb, i saw what she did to her bed!!!!! :o  
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
Christmas Tree
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 09:42:34 AM »
I was reading in my mag about a lab who ate tinsel 2 baubels and a pack of drawing pins!!!! He ended up having an op but managed to pass some of the drawing pins naturally

OMG!!!  :rolleyes:  So much I have to learn about living with a lab!!!!  :lol: I'm sure they are so much more destructive than our saintly cockers (honest!!)  :lol:  
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Offline Georgie

• Site Member
Christmas Tree
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 04:14:38 PM »
Bailey loves our tree. We've had to do some changing around to fit it in and his bed is right next to it, which he loves, though we've removed all glass baubles and put everything high up. :D  
From Georgie and Bailey xxx

Offline Jessica's Mum

• Site Member
    • http://
Christmas Tree
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2004, 04:18:35 PM »
:P It's Jessica's first Christmas too.
We put our tree up yesterday, an artificial one for the first time this year, owing to her plant fetish!  <_<
We decided we couldn't take a chance on a real tree.

So far so good, but I agree we cannot put any pressies underneath, too much crispy paper for any cocker to resist!! :lol:  
Jackie and Jessica

Offline Georgie

• Site Member
Christmas Tree
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2004, 04:22:34 PM »

So far so good, but I agree we cannot put any pressies underneath, too much crispy paper for any cocker to resist!! :lol:
Yes, this is Bailey's second Christmas, and last year, we put all the gifts underneath, thinking (wrongly) Bailey would just sniff them and then not be interested and bothered. That was a big mistake :( . Bailey decided he wanted some presents too, and opened them all for us! :o  
From Georgie and Bailey xxx

Offline kookie

• Site Member
Christmas Tree
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2004, 05:05:57 PM »
Aren't cockers brilliant at unwrapping things! :rolleyes:  
Love from Karen and Livvy

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Christmas Tree
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2004, 05:08:21 PM »
I have to say how proud I am of my boys - they never bother with the Christmas trees including the big one we have in the front room which stands on the floor. They do however like to examine the presents sometimes :ph34r:  :lol:  
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
Christmas Tree
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2004, 05:29:50 PM »
4 years ago fern successfully opened a jar of roses chocolates and unwrapped each one without riping the paper! - now that is a talent!!!! ;)  
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

tracee

Christmas Tree
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2004, 06:14:01 PM »
thats a brilliant talent fern has :lol:  :lol:  :D
                tracee xxxx

Offline niv

• Site Member
Christmas Tree
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2004, 06:20:00 PM »
i thought molly would destroy our tree BUT so far nothing, i also had two big parcels i could not fit anywhere so i put them under the tree, like i said so far so good , but i close the door when we are not at home,   think that is wise mmmmmmmm  niv and molly

Offline Sam n Riley

• Site Member
Christmas Tree
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2004, 06:30:58 PM »
This will be Riley's second Christmas and I hope he will be as good as last year, all he did was take the ribbon off one present - must have thought the bow needed re-tieing!!

He's bigger than he was last year though, can't scoot under it so every time he tries to have a sniff things shake!

:D

Sam, Jane and Riley

Sue H

Christmas Tree
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2004, 08:14:25 PM »
Bramble is 2 now, so I am going to put up our 'pretend tree' on its low stand .... no chocolates or low-flying pretties though (he has the knack for finding the kids' advent calendars and scoffing the lot ...)

Dogs love wrapping paper and mostly enjoy chewing eveyone elses up on Xmas morning, so we will let that be their happiness until a bit later ....

I am working this Xmas Day/Boxing Day at the Blue Cross, and we cook turkeys for our little darlings - I will have to carefully peel some carrots, mandarins  and sprouts etc for the rabbits, guinea pigs and rats that we also have - rats love nuts too, so maybe a few brazils in their shells should keep them quiet for a while !!

Don't forget that if you get them soft toys to chew, please remove eyes/noses and kapok (when they get to it) - you can always stuff the "carcase" with treats for a very interesting toy!!