Author Topic: Overheating  (Read 2621 times)

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
Overheating
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2004, 05:35:19 PM »
How about like this!  This is my Jasmine aged 10 months having her daily swim!

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Overheating
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2004, 07:00:15 PM »
Blimey Sharon :shock:  I thought my boys paddling pool was big - it looks like a basin compared to yours :lol:  The boys want to know when they come to stay :wink:  8)                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
Overheating
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2004, 07:51:07 PM »
yes sure, bring the boys down any time!  Quite a way to travel though to Bristol!                    

Offline gc

• Site Member
    • http://
Overheating
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2004, 11:19:54 PM »
hi,
I cut Balu's hair twice a year, once in April and the second in mid July.
Airconditioning in the car is a must  when travelling(4 us 2!!!), and avoiding walking outside from 11 to 17, with the dog of course... I once took her for a walk 3 years ago in mid June at noon and I will never-ever do that again!!! Even though i was giving her water all the time... I was really lucky that she didn't have a sun-stroke!

When we are at the beach, we always cool her head with drinking water every 30 minutes or so and we don't over-excite her with ball-playing/fetch something-anything-but-the-next's-person-towel!!! during the warm hours even if she asks for.

I've read somewhere that dogs don't really realise how warm it is while playing... until they drop down... is that true?

George.                    
George.
The truth is out there..... and a cocker can easily find it ;-)

Offline *-Nikki-*

• Site Member
    • www.nicibec-cockers.moonfruit.com
Overheating
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2004, 12:25:39 PM »
I'm thinking of buying a cage fan at our next show (the ones that just fix onto the side of the cage). Has anyone got one - if so are they any good? :?  I know a few cav people have them at our training and have said they are well worth the money.                    

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Overheating
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2004, 05:26:04 PM »
I've got one Nikki, and it came in very handy at Bournemouth Ch Show last year when we topped the 100' F mark. After Otis  8) came out of his class I dunked him in one of the water tanks and he went back on the bench next to his frozen (lasted most of the day) coke bottle & the fan blowing a breeze. Considering he has a VERY thick coat, he coped remarkably well  :lol:                    

Offline *-Nikki-*

• Site Member
    • www.nicibec-cockers.moonfruit.com
Overheating
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2004, 08:07:50 PM »
I'm going to get one now, Michele. I think it’s worth it – it will always come in handy, plenty of summer shows  :) .
Will need one anyway...Harvey doesn't really have a heavy coat - he just doesn't like hot temps. Very much a cool dog  8)  :lol: .
How’s Otis now Michele? Feeling better for less hair?                    

Offline GillS

• Site Member
Overheating
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2004, 07:33:20 PM »
I took my one year old cocker, Dylan to the vets today for his booster, and the vet said I should have him clipped to keep him cool in this weather.  Dylan doesn't seem too bothered by the heat, even though he is black.  I keep his back trim with a coat king and thin out his legs.

Should I be getting him clipped?  

PS how do I add Dylan's picture when I post a message?

Gill                    

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Overheating
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2004, 10:32:05 PM »

How’s Otis now Michele? Feeling better for less hair?

He's fine thanks Nikki, much happier for not being hand stripped  :lol:

Gill, I would only get Dylan clipped if you feel he needs it. Once you start clippering, its an ongoing thing. If you feel he's happy enough with the coat king I'd carry on with that.
No-one knows your dog as well as you  :D