Author Topic: pup with dry skin  (Read 2114 times)

Offline PennyB

pup with dry skin
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2004, 02:31:18 AM »
I'm quite interested to know more about the EPO, do you give it even if your dogs coat is fine? Does it make the coat more shiny or is it for the skin? Any ideas would be appreciated ( I take EPO , but thats for PMT!! :evil: ) :lol:  :lol: It does make my skin very healthy looking, thinking about it! :wink:
Lizzy Molly and Evie

Yes I'm giving my 2 EPO every day and they don't have any skin probs                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline lizzy

• Site Member
    • http://
pup with dry skin
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2004, 10:37:48 AM »
So it's just for general health purposes, I'll give it a go with my 2 then, it might help them with PMT too! :lol:  :wink:

Lizzy Molly and Evie                    

Lizzy Molly and Evie

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
pup with dry skin
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2004, 11:00:04 AM »
I give kelp tablets to keep my dogs coat shiny it is high in iodine which ensures luxuriant hair and skin health. A lack of it in the deit can give rise to a very dry skin and hair loss

You can either give a kelp tablet daily or buy dried seaweed from the health shop and use this in the diet

From Karen                    
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
pup with dry skin
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2004, 01:18:50 PM »
I just looked at the list of ingredients in Nutro and it includes dried kelp, so good to know that is for the skin and hair too.

My two ate the EPO capsules without problem :D .....mind you they will both eat anything that smells remotely edible I think :shock:                    

Offline JoHarborne

• Site Member
pup with dry skin
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2004, 11:53:46 AM »
Oooh - this is interesting!  Woody is also fed on Arden Grange and was brought up on this by his breeder and he too has flaky dandruff especially around the under side of his legs (you'll have to excuse the rubbish description but I don't know the proper terminology yet!!!)  I didn't think for one minute that it was diet related.  As he is so happy on his food, we have just given him a weekly bath with a very mild puppy shampoo and this seems to help fine.  Will keep an eye on the situation but it doesn't seem to be bothering him - he doesn't scratch or anything like that.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention!!                    
Jo, Woody\'s owner

Offline s baxter

• Site Member
pup with dry skin
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2004, 05:10:01 PM »
jo, alfie`s skin is a bit of a pain as it does cause him to scratch but i`ve given him epo and now his food is 80%AD and 20%HILLS,he`s doing a bit better he scratches all over but most of the dry skin is on his lower beac towards his tail!i am going to contice the swap over to see what happens but i do have 15 kg of AD IN MY GARAGE  :oops:                    
sue baxter and Alfie