Author Topic: Ringcraft Lessons  (Read 722 times)

Offline Jamie and Penny

• Limited Member
    • http://
Ringcraft Lessons
« on: April 01, 2005, 08:01:00 PM »
Hi there

We have had Bella for nearly 4weeks now,Im wanting to show her in the future,showing dogs is a new venture for us but this is something we want to do as a family hobby.
I have been recommended ringcraft lessons by someone,but I would like some advice from of the members that show their dogs,is there any decent shows on in the near future that we can go to?

Many many thanks Jamie and Penny

Offline Cayley

• Site Member
Ringcraft Lessons
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 08:20:00 PM »
Were hoping to 'show' our next cocker, we've practised by going to fun dog shows and pretending it's a breed show, standing the dog and running it round, there's no pressure that way.

I've just realised I didn't exactly answer your question sorry, my mum and I have viewed breed shows and been to a few ringcraft classes, it all helps.
Cayley.

Offline chelsea

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
Ringcraft Lessons
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 09:35:15 AM »
When we first started showing dogs we went, as a family to companion shows. There was often fairs and other activities to amuse children while you can be showing your dog. At companion shows you just have to arrive and enter on the day. (I remember each class being about £1.) These shows are just for fun really, there are fun classes like fancy dress, prettiest bitch, handsomest dog. This is where we started with our first dog and did really well! We then went on to buy more dogs that were 'good' enough to show at higher level shows. And here we are now! :)

Lots of companion shows take place in the summer so it would be a great day out for all the family! You can find information about forth-coming shows in the back of the dog-press. :)

Hope I have made all that clear and I hope it helps! :rolleyes:

Chelsea. :)